“Don't do it!!!”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We arrived to be told that they hadn't received the booking from 5pm. Strange given that I could see my own name on the list. We would be seated in the bar rather than the restaurant. We were seated and they forgot about us. After 20 mins I went in search of the waitress who told us someone would take our order. 10 mins later a bloke came and did so. After a further 25 minutes I went in search of our starters. They were ok, not good, passable. The main courses arrived quickly however half the food was cold; obviously been sitting out some time. The gents toilets were out of order, the disabled was to be used but was filthy, smelling and reminded me somewhat of the toilet in Trainspotting. I went to the bar (the only place to find any staff since they never seemed to visit our table out of choice) and complained about the temperature of our meals. We heard nothing more about it. I tried to complain to a manager and am still waiting the promised visit from them now. I would strongly recommend you avoid this restaurant. If you want Brazilian food in Glasgow; go elsewhere or be sorely disappointed here! You couldn't get me to go back if you paid me!

3  Thank vecopas

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I like to think I give fair reviews so if you're thinking of booking here, please don't! We'd booked via 5pm.com and there was no table for us so a member of staff produced one from the back of 'restaurant' to plonk it down in middle of the bar where no-one else was eating (as the back area was blocked off for hen parties).
Our starters (of mixed tapas) I doubt were fresh and looked as if they'd been dipped in deep fat fryer. All came with a sad, tired looking salad (as did all our mains) and the majority was left as was tasteless and the meat was chewy. Next came our mains - 2 were grossly overcooked - the seafood grill and the mixed grill and my Feijoada (traditional meat stew) was a disgusting bowl of slop which I couldn't manage more than 2 bites of.
When the waitress came over, we complained and when I showed her mine sliding off the spoon and said it wasn't nice at all, her reply was "it's Brazilian".????? Got bill with no discount so our partner's complained and managed to get £20 off the bill. With this and further 20% discount from 5pm booking, it was still £60 and only thing going for the place was the 2 guys singing in corner of bar.
Really disappointed and will definitely not be back.

2  Thank Claire B
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

* Great Drinks Choice
* Too Much Samba Music
* Samba Music Goes On Too Long
* Samba Music Goes On Too Late
* Don't Show Up Early For Live Music Leave At Least 1 Hour Before The Staff Realise Everyone Just Wants Live Music NOT Samba!!!!!!
* Live Music Is What Makes This Bar On A Thursday And The Staff Need To Realise This ASAP!
* POOR Because The Samba Goes On TOO Late!

This is Glasgow!!!! WE WANT LIVEMUSIC BOTECO! !!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is one of the most enjoyable restaurant visit in my experience. The night before starting our 100 mile West Highland Way walk, we went to this place to have dinner. The place was very crowded. It has a good sized bar, and also a big seating place. The seating place interior is very nice, with modern funky wallpapers, low-lit lights and the music made it a very unique experience. There were a band stand where a band was playing some classic Brazilian song.

The food was very good too. I tried some authentic Brazilian cuisine (can't remember the name), and it was 9 of use. Every one of our food looked different and was served in a way that made us want to taste everyone's food. And the drinks are very unique, the colors and mix and the way they decorates the glasses is very unique.

And then the belly dancer showed up. She was quite good at what she was doing, which added some more good points in our liking. we really appreciated our idea of choosing that restaurant for dinner.

I would definitely visit this place again, and if you find yourself in Glasgow, this is one great experience you should try out.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Having been to Boteco on a number of occassions and enjoyed myself greatly I decided to go there for my work leaving night. I paid a £70 deposit for a seating area for 14 people. I turned up on the Saturday night to find that they had only reserved a couch under a TV for me. Staff were not helpful in the slightest, didn't apologise and I had to demand my £70 back, I eventually got it back after 15 minutes standing and waiting. There seemed to be a lot of disappointed parties that night. They obviously take too many bookings. Downright greed. AVOID large party bookings.

2  Thank arr91