“avoid avoid avoid”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I can see why this place might be ok for a large group wanting some well priced drinks in a good atmosphere especially as you would have to be very drunk to enjoy the food as well. I visited this place a couple of years ago for a 5pm tapas deal and enjoyed it - food fine, drinks fine, service fine and price very fine but went last night with my boyfriend and oh my god - what a disappointment. You want nice tapas - go to Cafe Andaluz and avoid this place. £10 for three tapas each and a glass of wine seemed really reasonable so we gave it a shot.
On arrival it was fairly busy Thursday night and we stood around awkwardly whilst being ignored by every passing staff member. Eventually my boyfriend approached a young woman who looked sort of like she worked there/sort of like she was chilling on the couch at home. She looked confused by led us away from the main bit, to the back of the venue, where a salsa lesson had just finished and the lighting was harsh and not atmospheric.
So we ordered the wine that came with the deal and also asked for a jug of tap water - she reiterated it back to us but the water never came. We asked for a drinks menu after we ordered our food, she reiterated it back to us, but it too, never came. Bad start.
The food - ugh. It was frozen food out of iceland basically - orange breadcrumbed chicken things, off-smelling clams and mussels with minimal clams, rubbery and sweaty chorizo, the rocket on all the dishes was wilted and off. The lemon wedges were the best bit. We were starving so ate quite a bit hoping that it would get better with each dish. When we were finished the plates remained stacked in front of us, with 2 flies buzzing around (yuck) whilst our waitress stood across from us texting on our phone.
We asked for the bill, she looked confused, agreed, wandered aimlessly around while we waited another 20 mins for the bill, we paid, didn't tip were out in a flash. I agree I should have said something at the time but the staff were so so disinterested they probably would have walked away.
Won't be coming back.

3  Thank Jennifer_21_12

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We used Tesco Clubcard codes, so were restricted to the a la carte menu rather than the set menu.
My mussel and clam starter contained no clams, and the accompanying bread was burnt black on one side and untoasted on the other. My friend's prawn starter was crumbed with those awful orange breadcrumbs which wasn't very appealing.
My main of marinated beef strips served with cassava chips was average. The salad needed a dressing, and the dish could've done with a tortilla wrap to create a fajita-type meal. Pal's chicken was tasty, if a bit dry.
Service was good, both at the bar and food staff. It was a bonus to be able to use Tesco codes, but I won't be back.

1  Thank carlislecat
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I ordered the Feijoada, which is a wonderful meat and bean stew. The service was both prompt and pleasant. Definitely coming back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite place in Glasgow,been there few times,staffs are attentive,outside sitting is the best thing about here,and food is good.prices are good too..highly recommended...

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The food was nice was ok but the place as a whole is brilliant. it makes you feel like your on holiday, its dark and intimate. You can hear the samba beats while eating your dinner, then nip through and watch the live band with a cocktail. A really great night to be had in there.