“Hit or Miss”

Boteco Do Brasil
Ranked #724 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City Centre
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went to Botecco for the first time on Saturday and I had an excellent experience. We had some excellent cocktails which were very well presented and quite large cocktails so very good value. The service was friendly but a little bit slow, however not enough to be a problem. We had a great seat outside in the sun and really enjoyed ourselves. We therefore returned on the Sunday at 4pm and got a seat outside again. It was an entirely different experience all together. We sat down at a dirty table which had not been cleared. The waitress saw us sit there but ignored us and walked past us. We waited about 5 minutes and asked her for food and drinks menus. She said nothing walked away and brought back the food menu. I had to then stop her again to ask for the drinks menu. She was extremely rude and moody. My visit was on Sunday 13th at 3:30pm. She took our order. We waited 30 minutes and still no drinks. Our food came. And we asked the waiter where our drinks were. (at this point the girl had either finished or gone on a break). He came back and said there was no information on our drinks order on the computer. We asked for water as well at that point as we were really thirsty in the heat and had nothing to drink with our food. We had finished our food and still no water or cocktails. The water then came out but still no cocktails. In total from arriving and sitting down until the time we received our cocktails this took 1 hour!! My friend went to chase the cocktails and the waiter just said they were being made. My friend pointed out that we had waited an hour and he just said I know. She repeated but an hour and he just said they were being made and no apology. It was shocking and put a real dampener on the experience which is a real shame as the cocktails are great if you are willing to wait an hour for them! on both visits the food came before our drinks.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Charlenecotter

“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This place I a must. Not flash by any means BUT the aura about the place spells class. Great food well prepared my husband says its the tastiest beef ever. My daughter was over from Sweden and loved it as well. My favourite was the cocktails full measures used and lush. The staff were so friendly. Will be back.

• Visited July 2013
Cambridge, UK
“Not Bad, but don't let the appearance put you off”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wanted to try something different from the usual places and this was certainly different

Strange looking place as it's not sure if it's a pub, restaurant, or a club (possibly it's all 3). Service was friendly enough and for a Monday was quite busy.

The night we went was cheap cocktail night and quite a decent one they serve which sadly was considerably better than the food.

I had the "Prato Baino: Xin Xin Galinha" which was on the menu as Hot and Spicy and even though I checked this and asked for it to be made a bit more spicy, it was anything but spicy. Possibly the blandest tasting meal I've ever had

Prices not bad, but sadly I left a shade disappointed and it wouldn't be on my "to revisit" list

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Birthday package”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We booked a birthday package, this included cake balloons and banners, 1 shot for all, a cocktail for the birthday girl & what should have been 2 bottles of prosecco. We arrived they had the wrong number of people set up, the manager on duty seemed very annoyed with us (despite it being their fault). We had drinks order & made our meal order too. When the food came the beef was over cooked to the point you could chuck it at a window & I would smash, the chicken thighs were raw, there was too much oil on the vegetarian dishes, to the point they were drowned in it.
When the cake arrived the birthday girl dived this up, the left overs they staff too away to box up, they only return with 1/2 if the leftover cake. When the bill arrived this was massively wrong by over £100 & they had even added 25 for service?!! Now I don't mind paying for service but what we got wasn't that.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Sunny days”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Boteco is the best place in Glasgow to go if its sunny! 2 courses Lunch cost only £5.95! They make amazing coctails, everyone is very friendly and relaxed. You will definately feel like on Holidays!