“Excellent service, good food”
Review of Boteco Do Brasil

Boteco Do Brasil
Ranked #729 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Service was excellent from start to finish. Friendly and very helpful with Gluten free options. Food was good and value for money. Cocktails are excellent too. Great atmosphere too. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend visited here as we had never tried brazilian food and fancied a change. The place was empty at 6:30 which worried us a bit (it did start to get busy around 7:15). We were given our table and looked through a colourful detailed menu. Stuffed roasted pepper was nice but pretty basic tbh, my girlfriends chicken in batter was excellent. She ordered file de frango which she said was nice but was a bit dry though the choice of sides made up for it. I ordered Feijoada which when came to the table, looked absoloutley unedible. On tasting...it was amazing! i love BBQ type dishes and this didnt dissapoint, If i were to go backl i would deffo order the same again and im glad i experimented a bit when it came to ordering.
In all we would deffo reccommend and certainly go back here. Staff were really friendly and chatted away about different dishes from brazil.

See you all again

p.s some samba music wouldnt go a miss

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We came upon this place for lunch. The lunch menu was good value - two courses for £5.95! We both had the bruschetta to start which was gorgeous. For main course we had the spaghetti and meatballs, and the lasagne. My lasagne was very tasty but my boyfriend didnt like the sauce on the spaghetti at all. he ate the meatballs but left the pasta. the music was way too loud in there to have a nice conversation and as soon as we sat down, we were eager to leave again. its more od an evening spot i think rather than a lunch. the staff were nice but i dont think we'd be coming here again

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Oh dear, I'm not sure whether to really write this review.... after all, we did dine using one of those groupon type deals, the likes of which always seem to cause problems due to the intricate small print. The menu looked quite tempting and offered a wide choice of food but our voucher only allowed us to pick from the tapas menu... which is fine as we knew this and usually love the whole idea of tapas. Unfortunately the food (which arrived suspiciously rapidly) was not up to much. I've said it before about tapas restaurants... you seem to either get fresh, cooked to order and authentic stuff or you get other end of the scale with a table full of "mums been to Iceland".

Still, the setting was lovely and the staff helpful so maybe we'll give it another try, everybody deserves a second chance.

elifi, Manager at Boteco Do Brasil, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Easy E, Thank you for your taking your time to share your experience at Boteco Do Brasil. I believe you take an advantage of our 5pm deal which is 3 tapas and a glass of wine for £10 (there is no small print) which is an excellent value . I would like to highlight the fact that we do not use any frozen products in our restaurant, everything is freshly prepared on the spot (we don't make you wait because we have a very efficient service system). All our food supply including vegs, meat and fish gets delivered daily.

I am glad to hear that you were happy with the service, staff and the atmosphere.

Looking forward to having you at Boteco again

Best Regards

Reviewed January 22, 2013

nipped in for a wee lunch today and i must say it was beautiful! 2 courses for £5.95 a bargain if u ask me! it was myself and my husband and the total bill was £15.90
i had the olives and crusty bread then the (pardon my spelling) fisjoda hubby had the crustini the the chicken strogganoff plus we both had a diet coke. service was great!
deffo be back!!