“Great food and service”

Ranked #304 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: We offer traditional Malaysian and Chinese cuisine including our famous tapas. We offer many fine wines and Chinese beers. We are proud to serve locally sourced ingredients . We are open all day ,offering specials and Pre-theatre meals including our delicious beef noodle soup! Have a look at the mouth watering range above
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner here. The food was really tasty and they provided free soup and dessert. Their service is great and the staff were attentive throughout our meal.

Restaurant is located upstairs and can be difficult to find with only a blue sign board to look out for so it's really easy to miss.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Blink, and you'll miss it. Hidden upstairs behind a ground-level entrance, it appears to be yet another one of those ubiquitous Chinese restaurants that cater to a mainstream and undiscerning palette. We heard about the place from a Chinese student who directed this homesick Southeast Asian. I went with my wife and we were not disappointed. Their Malaysian curries are as authentic as you like them (beef brisket, fish-head etc) and simply delicious. Their mainland Chinese repertoire (eg prawns) is also tasty. Most impressive are their numerous versions of Cantonese stuffed tofu, which is made in-house. Come on a Sunday or Monday evening (which is when many Chinese families in Glasgow dine out together after a hard week at work) and you'll be greeted with a big hearty bowl of hot soup, served by a attentive and polite staff. A real home away from home for the different communities of Mainland Chinese and Southeast Asian migrants in Glasgow.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times. The decor and location can put you off going to this place. However this place is all about the authentic Chinese food. Really tasty. Lovely owners who come round and make sure you are having a good time.
I always think a good sign for a Chinese restaurant is that all the local Chinese people seem to go there. It seems to be where all the Chinese students hang out.

Anyway food is why you would go here nothing else.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stumbled upon this place almost by default as hunger took hold after a recent visit to the theatre. Chinese cuisine has never been my favourite kind of food but after tasting the delights here I would probably now put that down to visiting the wrong restaurants. From the outside it doesn't look much, a rather drab looking doorway being the only thing you see from street level and once inside it doesn't look particularly more appealing (we were hungry though and the decor was the last thing on our minds). The first thing that grabbed my attention was the amount of Chinese people eating in the restaurant, always a good sign. The service was fast and attentive without being overbearing. After our drinks were served we didn't have long to wait for our food. We only ordered mains, Thousand Chilli Beef for me and Chicken with Straw Mushrooms for my partner (side dishes of rice and chips came separately. The chicken was as tender as it was delicious and was described as outstanding while my beef dish was the hottest thing I have ever tasted in any Chinese restaurant and was very well named. This was our first visit to China Blue and certainly won't be our last although next time I will be sure to try a starter as well. All in all, not the cheapest of places but at under £30 for 2 delicious main courses, 2 side dishes and 2 drinks it's not the most expensive place either particularly on a Saturday night in the city centre.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Went here one night with freinds walking up the stairs and then into the reception area and they have a massive fish tank they show you to your table and then take the drinks and order the food your not a loud to share plates so

starters range from £3 - £7
mains range from £12 - £15
Desert we never got round to that !! as our bill came to a total of £80 for 4 people