“Eat local”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Eat local”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Probably my favourite restaurant in Glasgow. Great for fish or meat and okay for vegetarian - they'll happily whip something up. Wines are excellent too.

The place has a lovely feel, particularly if you manage to catch it on a sunny day. The evening menu is usually first rate, the kind of thing you can reliably look forward to as it changes regularly. I've never come away disappointed with the food. Service can be variable in pace but always pleasant.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very good but let down by detail”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Drinks, starters and mains were great. Dessert felt like an afterthought and there wasn't much choice and done things were not available. Our main waiter was nice but clearly very inexperienced and had little knowledge.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank islacl
glasgow
“Why didnt I like it more?”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

A Saturday morning around midday. Great choice of breakfast dishes well cooked and tasty. Full breakfast delicious though tomatoes turned out to be sundried which was a surprise. Service pleasant and ultra laid back brought our drinks quite quiclkly but quite a wait for food so drinks were gone or cold by the time the food arrived. No top ups offerred. New customers came in at 12.45 and asked what was on lunch menu to be told by the waiter that the chef would tell him at one o'clock and then he would tell them. Bemused looks all round.as the kitchen is open surely the chef could say what he was planning? So overall excellent food but a slightly odd experience and some difficulty catching the eye of staff. We are going to give it another try but might have a wee snack before we go!

• Visited May 2013
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Disapppointed”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

First impression was of a quite distinctive if quirky eaterie and the menu looked interesting. Both of us had fish and while the fish itself was beautifully cooked, the accompaniments were a huge disappointment - some sort ot mishmash of peas (?) with the lemon sole, and a dollop of lentils with my hake. The potential is there but it needs a lot of work doing. I think I'll wait until I start reading some good reviews before I venture back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing soup!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here when I found myself lost in the south side. I can honestly say iv never tasted soup like it! Wild leek n truffle with lovely bread to dip. Next time I find myself aimlessly driving around in cookies vicinity. I'll pop in for something more substantial. Great friendly service too