“Friendly and cool?”

Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: City Centre
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have liked Ben Kelly's design for many years, "Dry Bar" and the "Hacienda Fac51" in Manchester were classic and inspirational designs that still inspire, so I was delighted to discover a Ben Kelly Designed bar in Glasgow city centre.
We enjoyed friendly service this afternoon in the retro cool of an old Industrial space, an intimate size with high ceilings and metal and marble surfaces, splashes of colour, signature red pipe in the toilets and reminders of school floors (or 70's Supermarkets).
What was great was that the staff were polite and friendly, we had coffee and cake for two for £4.50 and .....was very nice.
The great thing about Dry Bar was that the vibe was cool AND friendly which is hard to pull off, they have it at Bar 10 also, one off designs are rare and there are no clichés, the edges have frayed but it is real.
I am 41 and took my 20 year old niece and we both felt comfortable so I hope you can go and enjoy, feel comfortable, soak in the design, you are not in themed bar but a place to relax and enjoy food and drink in Urban Style.

1  Thank Paul L

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This bar was designed by the same architect that designed the Hacienda in Manchester. It belongs to that particular brand of 90's modernism. Still attracts a well heeled hipster crowd. Good selection of beers etc. Great environment.

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The food has greatly improved and the menu has been extended! Well worth a visit for lunch!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Bar 10 is a great place to have a few drinks and relax on a Saturday afternoon. Its in the excellent Mitchell lane opposite the Lighthouse (for culture/architecture), Bar Soba (asian fusion and drinks) and near Barolo (good Italian food on Mitchell Street). All within a few yards of each other.

Only had drinks at bar 10 but its a popular place for Glaswegians and has a continental cafe feel. Decent Staropramen on draft.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

make sure that if you go here that you look old !!!
i poped in with my daughter sat down looked at the menue then the server
asked my daughter for id we said that she didnt have any i said shes my daughter and shes 20 do you need id to eat he then said youll need to go we left with all the other dinners looking at us on a packed saturday afternoon
wouldnt ever go back