“Nice atmosphere, lovely food, BUT...”
Review of Cranachan

Cranachan
Ranked #434 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Modern Scottish Cafe serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Open for dinner on Saturday evenings. All food made using the best Scottish ingredients and freshly made in our kitchen. Serving homemade soups, cakes and modern Scottish fayre.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, lovely food, BUT...”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Visited here with friends for a late lunch and we all had the soup & sandwich deal (reasonably priced for the city centre). My soup & sandwich was delicious, as were our cocktails, but unfortunately one friend's sandwich was served on brown bread as opposed to white. This is an understandable mistake, and easily rectified, but seemed to have been due to the staff taking orders by memory rather than writing them down! Not so easily fixed was the fact that another friend's prawns were still frozen in the middle. Staff were apologetic and I have no complaints about my own meal, but a mistake as dangerous as still-frozen seafood puts me off going back!

Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Excellent local style menu.
Good quality food and wine
Can't fault it.
They even found my wife's phone !

Visited May 2014
Manchester
“Light lunch”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I called in here for a bite to eat at lunch time whilst walking down the main shopping street. My husband's goat cheese and black pudding salad was delicious as was my poached salmon and cucumber sandwich. We enjoyed this so much we went back the following day and also managed a home baked cake for our dessert.

Visited June 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Hearty sandwiches”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and stopped here for a quick sandwich on Saturday.

The brown bread on both was thick and hearty and both sandwiches were stuffed with filling & came with a few crisps, coleslaw and a dressed side salad. Not gourmet but fresh tasty and very filling well worth a look at the rest of the menu if we go back.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great meal and service”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went with three friends and had the 5pm meal deal. Food was fabulous as was the wine,definitely worth the price. Our waitress was lovely ,would recommend and will certainly go back