“Great Night”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked Peters for a meal to celebrate my birthday with my wife. We had never been before and heard mixed reports but decided to make up our own minds.
So glad we did, from the moment we walked in we were treated like old friends.
The food was first class, the service was attentive with out being over the top and the atmosphere was relaxed.
Reasonably priced food and wine( I picked the most expensive wine there was! )
We will defiantly be back more than likely with friends and family.
Thanks for a great night.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had 3 courses shared everything and all six were great. What I would call good home cooking. Fresh ingredients well cooked and very reasonably priced.
Haggis balls starter crisp and crunchy. Gammon roast main reminded me of my gran's Sunday dinner ( my gran was a very good cook, my mother a terrible one, so Sunday dinners were a major treat)
Sticky toffee pudding sweet and sticky like somebody's just taken it out the oven.
Lovely grub, and very reasonable (not like many of the so-called trendy places nearby).

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Brilliant food.. great service.. can't do enough for you.. will definitely be back..small and cosy venue

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went for dinner here the other night with a 5pm deal. £18.95 for two courses plus a glass of wine. There was a very good selection on the menu. I enjoyed the cheese and onion croquettes and then guinea fowl with bacon and cabbage and mustard mash. It was absolutely delicious. My mum had haggis Bon bons and then winter spiced gammon with roasters and veg which she also thoroughly enjoyed. The sticky toffee pudding was absolutely gorgeous! The service in the restaurant was excellent, the staff were very friendly and accommodating! Would definitely be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

For the first time ever, we decided to dine out on Christmas Day. Table of 10 at 5pm. Great atmosphere. Great food. Huge selection. Perfect, very friendly service. Tremendous value for money. I have told the family I'll be doing the same next Christmas! Thank you to all the staff!