“Wowcher trial”
Review of Cafe Salma - CLOSED

Cafe Salma
Cuisines: Indian, Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Went with my wife to try this place as she had bought a wowcher and place had generally good reviews. Saw some reviews for when it was a Moroccan cafe but we had never been before so can only judge it on its own merits. The place is decorated in a contemporary style and is nice and clean. It was quiet when we arrived but got busier as the evening went on. The waiter was friendly and polite. Service was good and fast maybe because it was quiet? With the wowcher we were given the pre theatre menu to choose from. There was a good selection of dishes and starters. The portions were reasonable and by the end of the meal we were full so they couldn't have been that bad. The quality of our food was absolutely fine, no issues and the food was very tasty. We paid £10 for 3 courses for 2 people so I think we got excellent value for our money. I would recommend this place and will look out for other offers. Would like to go back even if full price.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Salma

Reviewed January 20, 2014

whilst visiting Glasgow me and my partner we were looking for somewhere to eat we came along this restaurant called Cafe Salma where we noticed a sign saying Moroccan home made food and well fancied something different so we started off with a dish called Chicken Bastilla it was so tasty and the service was excellent the were really polite friendly and also very helpful i would definitely suggest anyone looking for fine dining and a great service this is the place to go

Reviewed January 7, 2014

spent around 80 pounds on food here for 2. as my family are Moroccan the dishes where authentic.
the food however has not got that home Moroccan taste if you are familiar with real Moroccan cooking. its not at all bad it just is not what I would consider 100%. id rate it around 70-75%. however what i was disappointed with is that some of the food we have had a general Asian taste to the additional courses which I can only put it down the this cafe/restaurant utilising chefs and cooks to cater for mixed dishes so in fact that went against the taste of the food we had and did not help the garnish of a 100% authentic Moroccan restaurant.would I go again..? probably not. but worth a try if once. I think Asian may rave about this place. but unless you are familiar with everyday Moroccan cooking there is in fact a considerable difference.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Was out with family table of 6 excellent starters the best was lamb chops the mains we had was South Indian garlic Salma special nan an mix grill had to try the monkfish achari as the radio avaz was advertising boy was it mouth watering an full of flavors the service was wonderful an the staff really polite and you no what the food was better than the previous owners has sans
Highly recommended to all curry lovers

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Went today for my birthday meal and used vouchers that I got online. We got mixed pakora which was nice. The mains were average. Ordered a shish kebab and it smelled off. Looked pink and smelled raw. We complained and they re fried it and it still smelled bad.

The bill was just over £31. This consisted of 12.95 for a kebab, 12.95 for five soft drinks, 2.95 for chips which there was hardly any of and we even got charged £1 to package the remaining food to take home.

Absolutely awful food, bad birthday meal. Be careful and check your bill before paying!