“Excellent tasty fun”

Ranked #108 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Sapporo TeppanyakiSapporo Teppanyaki is Glasgow's flagship Japanese restaurant offering Teppanyaki cuisine with a contemporary twist and sushi known for being at its culinary best. Sapporo Teppanyaki prides itself in offering a unique and at times highly dramatic dining experience through the established Teppanyaki chefs and their combined culinary skills. Emphasis is focused on excellent service, great food and first class hospitality, all served against a background of stylish Japanese décor.Japanese dining, exclusively for everyone.Sapporo Teppanyaki is more than a great place to eat. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. A warm welcome from the moment you enter - whether you’re in for a lunch, a big night out, or drinks with friends. Perfect for groups, large parties, as well as couples and everyone in between. Sapporo is the hottest place to enjoy the most delicious and sensational Japanese cooking experience in Glasgow.Teppanyaki - it’s bursting with fun!If you want the full Sapporo experience, you can’t miss our Teppanyaki dining. Guests are led to their own or shared Teppanyaki table, where they will see the meal being cooked before their very eyes!Guests sit around the chef’s Teppanyaki hotplate, watching the theatre unfold before them. We don’t stand on ceremony, so you’ll notice the friendly conversation and energy immediately. And with different groups sharing each hot plate, you’ll never be alone! In fact, next to the taste, the best thing about teppanyaki is the lively and friendly atmosphere
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had one of the best dining experiences in Sapporo, I would definitely recommend it! I went with a bunch of friends and were seated around the cooking platforms, which is the funnest way to see your food being cooked. They literally cook everything from scratch in front of you, while almost performing at the same time. The throw the noodles and potatoes at you so keep your eyes peeled! And make sure you go with an empty stomach, there is so much food to go around! Well worth money, especially when you manage to get the lunchtime prices!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went for a lunch with my friend for his birthday lunch and have to say-I was impressed by the high standards throughout- the restaurant was spotless, staff very friendly and professional, made us feel so welcome. The quality of food was outstanding and their 3 course set menu was a great value for money. The chefs are definitely a feature! Just lovely, will be back again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been here twice in the last few of weeks. It is located on the east side of the merchant city, a lively area full of restaurants and bars. I am not an expert on Japanese food but I thought the sushi was excellent. The menu is quite varied, so even diners with less adventurous tastes are well catered for. I had the lamb rump on my first visit and the duck on the second, and both were cooked to perfection. Having been Teppanyaki before I knew what to expect, but I have to say this was much more fun. If you haven't been to this type of restaurant, the chef cooks your food in front of you. On both my visits I had the same chef, called "New", who was very entertaining with his sleight of hand tricks and jokes. I think this an excellent place for kids, unless they are particularly fussy eaters - no chicken dippers here. All the staff were very attentive and the service was very efficient. Each sitting lasts two hours so you might be asked to move to the bar area for coffees. The only complaint I had was the draft from the front door, especially when it was left open. Price wise, it isn't the cheapest place in town but I do think it is good value for money and a great night out.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try something a bit different and after asking around and checking on here for recommendations we settled on Sapporo Teppanyaki. When we arrived about 10 minutes early we were given a pager that would buzz when our table was ready and shown through to the pleasant bar area. We were able to watch what was going on through in the main restaurant area whilst enjoying a drink. Have to recommend Asahi on tap - excellent! Our buzzer went off and we were shown to our table by a pleasant helpful waiter. There are different table sizes which is good if you are there as a large group or just a few of you. We were sat at a table which could accommodate 8 but there was just ourselves and two other couples so it was fine. You are seated around a big hot plate and once you have placed your order and had your starter which is made in the kitchen, your chef arrives. He then proceeds to cook lots of little slices of potato and when they are ready he flicks them up for you to catch - in your mouth! All good fun. You then get a plate of spring vegetables which are cooked in front of you. These were the best I had ever tasted at an oriental restaurant. There were so crisp and full of flavour. Next the chef makes egg fried rice - again the best I've ever had. They add chopped veg through it and some soy sauce - hmmmm! Then they cook the main meals with a few tricks and surprises along the way. Our main courses were delicious and we were well full after so no dessert! All in all a fun and tasty experience. There was a real buzz about the place and you can watch what is going on at other tables and have a laugh. Good place for a first date to break the ice although not cheap! You get what you pay for though.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I took a group of clients out for a night out last week in Glasgow and had a fabulous evening. The entertaining chefs make the evening great fun and the potato throwing competition went down with well with everyone. The amount of food for a group of 12 was more than adequate and the Haggis Tempura was amazing!! There's a relaxed feel about the restaurant and most people are there for some entertaining as well as the food. I'd highly recommend this restaurant for a great night out in Glasgow. The cost for 12 people including wine and drinks was exactly the same as a meal in Edinburgh for 4 guests at a Michelin star restaurant!