“Good fun and reasonable food.”

Sapporo Teppanyaki - Glasgow
Ranked #88 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Sapporo TeppanyakiSapporo Teppanyaki is Glasgow's flagship Japanese restaurant offering Teppanyaki cuisine with a contemporary twist and sushi known for being at its culinary best. Sapporo Teppanyaki prides itself in offering a unique and at times highly dramatic dining experience through the established Teppanyaki chefs and their combined culinary skills. Emphasis is focused on excellent service, great food and first class hospitality, all served against a background of stylish Japanese décor.Japanese dining, exclusively for everyone.Sapporo Teppanyaki is more than a great place to eat. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. A warm welcome from the moment you enter - whether you’re in for a lunch, a big night out, or drinks with friends. Perfect for groups, large parties, as well as couples and everyone in between. Sapporo is the hottest place to enjoy the most delicious and sensational Japanese cooking experience in Glasgow.Teppanyaki - it’s bursting with fun!If you want the full Sapporo experience, you can’t miss our Teppanyaki dining. Guests are led to their own or shared Teppanyaki table, where they will see the meal being cooked before their very eyes!Guests sit around the chef’s Teppanyaki hotplate, watching the theatre unfold before them. We don’t stand on ceremony, so you’ll notice the friendly conversation and energy immediately. And with different groups sharing each hot plate, you’ll never be alone! In fact, next to the taste, the best thing about teppanyaki is the lively and friendly atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good fun and reasonable food.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Christmas meal with workmates. The serving of food was fun and food tasty. It was not the best meal I had ever had but good value and worth going for the entertainment value.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“nice place with good food”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Went here on Friday night with friends. Very good entertainment from the chefs who cook in front of you. Nice food and a good night. Was a bit disappointed when we got the bill that they had added on a 10% service charge to the bill. Apparently this is normal in this place. The total charge was £27, we were going to leave £30. In my opinion it's better to let the customer leave the tip instead of forcing them to leave one...!!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Imyhaq
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great food, awful service & overpriced.”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

my boyfriend & I have a Christmas date night every year and thought we would try something different this year. Service was slow to begin with. We were the first to sit at thw table and the last to get drinks we had to ask to get order our drinks. Then the main problem came. A girl Monica came to ask our order. I asked for a chicken dish without peppers she then says if I can't get it without peppers what would I like? I asked for the lamb but I expressed if I could please get chicken minus peppers then that would be great. We then continued to eat our starters and I had no word back about my peppers so I then asked another girl and she asked the head chef who was behind us. His accent wasn't great but he says it would be fine with no peppers as they cook it in front of us. The girl then came over and shouted in my face how I have to have peppers as it's in the dish and the chef can't understand me by this point the full table was looking at us and it was very embarrassing. I was in complete shock that someone would speak to a paying customer like this and that she would question the head chef of a restaurant when he is the one cooking the food. I'm not one to complain but we were paying a lot of money and to get treated like that is appalling!! I confided in the manager and he gave us a free drink and advised me that it is possible to have the chsicken without peppers. I can't believe that a waitress would speak to her customer like that. I have experience as a waitress and I would have been taken straight of the floor for that. Despite this incident the food was lovely and the chefs were amazing. It's just a shame this happened as I felt like the rest of the waitresses where looking and giving us looks. I would maybe go if they had a special menu on but would never pay over £100 again for what we received.

• Visited December 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Great fun and great food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Went with colleagues for Xmas lunch and it was excellent. Very entertaining chef on the teppanyaki grill with great knife skills. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we'll be back.

1 Thank 94009007
Scotland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must on the list of places to dine.”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've dined in Sapporo Teppanyaki Glasgow on a number of occasions and never get tired of it. The food is superb, The service is excellent and the fun and theatre from the chefs really make the visit special. Big is the best Chef. A great place which I'll return to time and time again.

Visited December 2013