“Steffan”

Sapporo Teppanyaki - Glasgow
Ranked #88 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Sapporo TeppanyakiSapporo Teppanyaki is Glasgow's flagship Japanese restaurant offering Teppanyaki cuisine with a contemporary twist and sushi known for being at its culinary best. Sapporo Teppanyaki prides itself in offering a unique and at times highly dramatic dining experience through the established Teppanyaki chefs and their combined culinary skills. Emphasis is focused on excellent service, great food and first class hospitality, all served against a background of stylish Japanese décor.Japanese dining, exclusively for everyone.Sapporo Teppanyaki is more than a great place to eat. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. A warm welcome from the moment you enter - whether you’re in for a lunch, a big night out, or drinks with friends. Perfect for groups, large parties, as well as couples and everyone in between. Sapporo is the hottest place to enjoy the most delicious and sensational Japanese cooking experience in Glasgow.Teppanyaki - it’s bursting with fun!If you want the full Sapporo experience, you can’t miss our Teppanyaki dining. Guests are led to their own or shared Teppanyaki table, where they will see the meal being cooked before their very eyes!Guests sit around the chef’s Teppanyaki hotplate, watching the theatre unfold before them. We don’t stand on ceremony, so you’ll notice the friendly conversation and energy immediately. And with different groups sharing each hot plate, you’ll never be alone! In fact, next to the taste, the best thing about teppanyaki is the lively and friendly atmosphere
“Steffan”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Great fun and lovely food, freshly prepared in front of you. Now my favourite restaurant in glasgow. Will definitely go back again and again

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Christmas lunch”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I went for Christmas lunch last December with a group from my work. The food was oily and quite frankly disgusting, I would probably go as far as saying that it tasted better on the way back up - sorry! It's a shame as I love Japanese food and think I probably could have enjoyed the food were it not for the fact that anything hot was soaked to death in some squirty oil they saturate the food in, this just killed it for me and my stomach didn't agree with it either. Less oil please!

1 Thank Lauryn M
“Really enjoyable”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends who eat Japanese more than me,the food was fresh,hot chilli prawns were delicious,we ordered 4 dishes each and everyone of them was tasty,would be a great night for a larger group,would go back.

• Visited November 2013
Europe
“great fun”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

went to this restaurant for a 50th birthday with a group. It was quiet on the evening we attended but I believe it can get busy at weekends and can be very noisy. however, we didn't have to experience that. The food was satisfactory but the chef's entertainment whilst cooking the food at the table was great. A great night out but you must go in a crowd.

• Visited April 2013
“Poor customer service from manager!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I usually go to this place as this restaurant just in front of our flat. So when i got my taste card and i invite my friends to go with me... We're 6 people and each of us has the card so we can use the card in that point and get a 2 for 1 deal... Arrived there, get a terribly RUDE welcome from the manager and said that we cant use the card in group like this when we have our own card.. Technically, we can but we need to book separately but anyway the way he spoke to us and treated us have an impact that make me wont recommend this restaurant anymore to others friend... I brought 5 people tonight!!! They need to be lucky but well done youre losing 5 customers now !

• Visited November 2013