“Really enjoyable”

Ranked #109 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Sapporo TeppanyakiSapporo Teppanyaki is Glasgow's flagship Japanese restaurant offering Teppanyaki cuisine with a contemporary twist and sushi known for being at its culinary best. Sapporo Teppanyaki prides itself in offering a unique and at times highly dramatic dining experience through the established Teppanyaki chefs and their combined culinary skills. Emphasis is focused on excellent service, great food and first class hospitality, all served against a background of stylish Japanese décor.Japanese dining, exclusively for everyone.Sapporo Teppanyaki is more than a great place to eat. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. A warm welcome from the moment you enter - whether you’re in for a lunch, a big night out, or drinks with friends. Perfect for groups, large parties, as well as couples and everyone in between. Sapporo is the hottest place to enjoy the most delicious and sensational Japanese cooking experience in Glasgow.Teppanyaki - it’s bursting with fun!If you want the full Sapporo experience, you can’t miss our Teppanyaki dining. Guests are led to their own or shared Teppanyaki table, where they will see the meal being cooked before their very eyes!Guests sit around the chef’s Teppanyaki hotplate, watching the theatre unfold before them. We don’t stand on ceremony, so you’ll notice the friendly conversation and energy immediately. And with different groups sharing each hot plate, you’ll never be alone! In fact, next to the taste, the best thing about teppanyaki is the lively and friendly atmosphere
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends who eat Japanese more than me,the food was fresh,hot chilli prawns were delicious,we ordered 4 dishes each and everyone of them was tasty,would be a great night for a larger group,would go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

went to this restaurant for a 50th birthday with a group. It was quiet on the evening we attended but I believe it can get busy at weekends and can be very noisy. however, we didn't have to experience that. The food was satisfactory but the chef's entertainment whilst cooking the food at the table was great. A great night out but you must go in a crowd.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I usually go to this place as this restaurant just in front of our flat. So when i got my taste card and i invite my friends to go with me... We're 6 people and each of us has the card so we can use the card in that point and get a 2 for 1 deal... Arrived there, get a terribly RUDE welcome from the manager and said that we cant use the card in group like this when we have our own card.. Technically, we can but we need to book separately but anyway the way he spoke to us and treated us have an impact that make me wont recommend this restaurant anymore to others friend... I brought 5 people tonight!!! They need to be lucky but well done youre losing 5 customers now !

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Second visit and still found the menu extensive. The food was tasty and very filling I had the vegetable spring rolls and the Teriyaki salmon. Once again quick, efficient service from friendly attentive staff.

1  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I went here for a family birthday and we went for the option were the chef cooks in front of you.

I had an eel starter which was lovely albeit a small portion. I then had the cooking show were the chef cooked beef teppanyaki with sautéed potatoes and rice. Everything is cooked in liquid butter which I found quite sickly if I am being honest. The beef was top quality but you'd expect that for the price.

The cooking show was fun and staff very pleasant and engaging but it's just not for me personally.

I felt that the portion sizes were too small and too expensive. I think perhaps the entertainment of cooking in front of you is part of the cost and maybe that's why it's expensive.

I left feeling a lot lighter than I had expected both in terms of £££ and stomach size.