“Still great”

Ranked #105 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Sapporo TeppanyakiSapporo Teppanyaki is Glasgow's flagship Japanese restaurant offering Teppanyaki cuisine with a contemporary twist and sushi known for being at its culinary best. Sapporo Teppanyaki prides itself in offering a unique and at times highly dramatic dining experience through the established Teppanyaki chefs and their combined culinary skills. Emphasis is focused on excellent service, great food and first class hospitality, all served against a background of stylish Japanese décor.Japanese dining, exclusively for everyone.Sapporo Teppanyaki is more than a great place to eat. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. A warm welcome from the moment you enter - whether you’re in for a lunch, a big night out, or drinks with friends. Perfect for groups, large parties, as well as couples and everyone in between. Sapporo is the hottest place to enjoy the most delicious and sensational Japanese cooking experience in Glasgow.Teppanyaki - it’s bursting with fun!If you want the full Sapporo experience, you can’t miss our Teppanyaki dining. Guests are led to their own or shared Teppanyaki table, where they will see the meal being cooked before their very eyes!Guests sit around the chef’s Teppanyaki hotplate, watching the theatre unfold before them. We don’t stand on ceremony, so you’ll notice the friendly conversation and energy immediately. And with different groups sharing each hot plate, you’ll never be alone! In fact, next to the taste, the best thing about teppanyaki is the lively and friendly atmosphere
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Second visit and still found the menu extensive. The food was tasty and very filling I had the vegetable spring rolls and the Teriyaki salmon. Once again quick, efficient service from friendly attentive staff.

1  Thank Caroline C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I went here for a family birthday and we went for the option were the chef cooks in front of you.

I had an eel starter which was lovely albeit a small portion. I then had the cooking show were the chef cooked beef teppanyaki with sautéed potatoes and rice. Everything is cooked in liquid butter which I found quite sickly if I am being honest. The beef was top quality but you'd expect that for the price.

The cooking show was fun and staff very pleasant and engaging but it's just not for me personally.

I felt that the portion sizes were too small and too expensive. I think perhaps the entertainment of cooking in front of you is part of the cost and maybe that's why it's expensive.

I left feeling a lot lighter than I had expected both in terms of £££ and stomach size.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Fabulous for large parties - it can hold 18 per seating area (smaller parties will be seated together). Chefs are very entertaining and cook your main course on the hot plates in front of you. Food was good but it did have a slight buttery taste. We chose the set menu 'Shogun' for £25, which consisted of a choice of: 2 starters, 2 main courses, rice, vegetables, potatoes and a choice of 3 desserts. I had chicken gyoza (dumplings), surprisingly light, although I struggled to find the chicken! For my main course I chose salmon fillet with teriyaki sauce - very succulent and favoursome and for dessert some delicious banoffee ice-cream. On the downside it took us three attempts to order a bottle of wine. The first two we selected were out of stock! Apparently they had a problem with the supplier. We did however receive a discount on the wine we finally selected but surely they could have purchased alcohol from a different supplier, especially when they know a Saturday night is always busy.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went along to Sapporo on Saturday night for what was my second visit, and again had a great night. Spent an age looking through the huge menu and decided to go for the Spicy Tuna, followed by the Monkfish. Everything was delicious, the waiting staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The chefs, as well as cooking some lovely food, really put on a bit of a show as they cook right there at your table. I would strongly recommened Sapporo to anyone, and will be visiting again!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The restaurant is nice and the chef was entertaining. We started with sushi, which was ok. We also had chicken dishes, with rice and veg and all food tastes of butter! A bit overpriced.

1  Thank weeivy