“Brilliant”

Ranked #109 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Description: Sapporo TeppanyakiSapporo Teppanyaki is Glasgow's flagship Japanese restaurant offering Teppanyaki cuisine with a contemporary twist and sushi known for being at its culinary best. Sapporo Teppanyaki prides itself in offering a unique and at times highly dramatic dining experience through the established Teppanyaki chefs and their combined culinary skills. Emphasis is focused on excellent service, great food and first class hospitality, all served against a background of stylish Japanese décor.Japanese dining, exclusively for everyone.Sapporo Teppanyaki is more than a great place to eat. It’s an experience you’ll never forget. A warm welcome from the moment you enter - whether you’re in for a lunch, a big night out, or drinks with friends. Perfect for groups, large parties, as well as couples and everyone in between. Sapporo is the hottest place to enjoy the most delicious and sensational Japanese cooking experience in Glasgow.Teppanyaki - it’s bursting with fun!If you want the full Sapporo experience, you can’t miss our Teppanyaki dining. Guests are led to their own or shared Teppanyaki table, where they will see the meal being cooked before their very eyes!Guests sit around the chef’s Teppanyaki hotplate, watching the theatre unfold before them. We don’t stand on ceremony, so you’ll notice the friendly conversation and energy immediately. And with different groups sharing each hot plate, you’ll never be alone! In fact, next to the taste, the best thing about teppanyaki is the lively and friendly atmosphere
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went here for my boyfriends birthday on a Sunday night. To start off with he ordered some saki and I had the blushing geisha mocktail, both were lovely and reasonably priced.

We both ate from set menus, I had the vegetarian option and he had the Banzai set menu. I struggled to finish most of my food but it was lovely, I tried some of my boyfriends rare steak which we both thought was one of the best we had ever tried.

I think that it's not just the tasty food which makes the place but the brilliant atmosphere and the 'show' that the chefs put. Ours was called 'Superman' it was very funny and definitely a restaurant you would go to for a special occasion!

1  Thank Louise691
Write a ReviewReviews (1,250)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here for my birthday dinner on Sunday evening. Had already been here before a few times before and never once had we had a bad experience. Some of the chefs are more entertaining than others. If you can get Big to cook as he is excellent entertainment.

We always go for the early diner's menu which is 3 courses for £15.95. Very good value and fills most people up.

Only grudge is the service charge but you can ask for it to be taken off which they do obliged.

2  Thank Wee Y
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was a totally different dining experience than your typical restaurant. You sit around a table with hot plates and up to 14 other people. Sour it is an intimate dining experience...then this is not the place to go...but if you are looking for something different...then look no further.

Without question my wife and I enjoyed ourselves and we had a great time, food was immense and the atmosphere really made a good evening better.

The food was fresh, tasty and made with real style and flair...the potato flipping routine was a a great laugh.

One criticism was the service charge on the bill...personally I am not a fan of service charges as it is not required as everyone who was at the table left with huge smiles.

The true test of a restaurant is will you go back and would you recommend to your friends...in the case of Sapporo...that answer is yes!!!

1  Thank imac6775
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went to Sapporo on their Family Fun Day today, was very busy but the service was still very attentive and friendly. They have a very reasonably priced menu at £10.95 -2 courses and glass of wine for adults and children are £4.95 1 course and soft drink. There is a good choice of starters before the Teppanyaki starts and we also had some sushi each . The chefs are great very entertaining the kids loved it especially when he flips the potatoes into your mouth, main courses theres a choice of chicken,steak,lamb or salmon with fried rice , all delicious. They also have face painters and balloon modelling , we got a Super Mario and Dragon ballon which were great. Would definitely go back for family fun day and nights out with the girls , going back again next week. 10/10

1  Thank GillianM681
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Out for my brother's 21st, amazing to sit and watch. Wish I could have Japanese food cooked like that all the time!!

1  Thank KatrinaRibena21