“Great Italian ”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Last night in Glasgow, wanted an early night, sick of pub grub. Walked up the street from our hotel (Double Tree), stopped for beers @ a local pub (Jackson ‘s) then went next door for dinner. Tiny warm space (9 tables). Ordered a bottle of Chianti. Shared an antipasto of sausage, beans, & onions in tomato sauce with grilled bread. So delicious- may start serving @ home for dinner parties. Husband had veal Marsala with roasted potatoes. So good we asked for the potatoes recipe. I had the carbonara- perfectly cooked, nice smoky bacon. Great service, reasonably priced.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank SCNancy273
Write a reviewReviews (292)

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Went as part of a business trip. Wasn’t sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprise. Good service and great food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Food honest and well prepared. Front of house Rita was an amazing host. I'm quite sad this is a fleeting visit. Well worth a visit!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

I went to Azzurro with colleagues for a retirement lunch. Azzurro on entering is very small inside but cosy. We were welcomed by a lovely waitress who took our coats and offered us drinks. When all of our party had arrived we ordered from the lunch menu. The menu offers a very well priced 2 course or 3 course lunch. To start with I had the mushrooms with garlic dip which were very nice. My main course was the chicken with mushroom sauce which came with potatoes and vegetables. My main was absolutely delicious and the vegetables were cooked well, not overdone. The waitress was very attentive and cleared plates quickly and offering pepper or Parmesan without being intrusive. All 15 of us had something different and not a complaint from anyone. In all it was a very relaxing lunch and the service was amazing. Azzurro has been there for ages and I’ve never really taken any notice of it, however it’s a great wee find and I will be back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Just back from this awesome please and we had the lunch menu-for the price we paid the food was lovely, service on point and location handy to city centre without being too busy.

What I actually loved the most was that towards the end of our meal, three tables came in and from the conversation being had with the team and these customers it was clear to see that they were regulars and that in itself speaks volumes!!

Thank you again and we shall be back!

Date of visit: February 2018