“Afternoon Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cup Tea Room - West End - CLOSED

Cup Tea Room - West End
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Cup Tea Room is located at the top end of Byres Road. This is an Award Winning Tea Room
Bridge of Weir
“Afternoon Delight”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had my 50th birthday Afternoon Tea here and it was a delight. Staff were very welcoming and helpful throughout. Afternoon Tea was delicious! I love this little place

• Visited May 2013

Ayr, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My daughter and I popped into Cup a few weeks ago and had the most beautiful lunch of soup and sandwich followed by a delicious cupcake. The staff were excellent, very friendly and nothing was a bother. The tea room was busy, it is clearly a popular eating place.
We shall certainly return next time we are in the area, it ticked all our boxes for a light, tasty lunch.

1 Thank Quirky18
Scotland
“Wonderful scones, friendly service”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Cup Tea Room, a compact, stylish cafe, is perfectly placed for a break from shopping on Byres Road or after a stroll in the Botanic Gardens. On arrival we were welcomed with a smile and asked to wait briefly until a table became available: they were very busy. Once seated, we were impressed by the service and the scones, tea and hot chocolate that we'd ordered. The scones - one was blueberry, the other apple and cinnamon - were a little slow in coming, but only because they came straight out of the oven! The blueberry one was outstanding and the apple and cinnamon one very, very good. The range of cupcakes and selection of other treats was excellent and they do a great range of hot and cold drinks. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Suilven
London, United Kingdom
“totally yummy”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been to this a few times and also to the Cup Lounge in town - every single visit is a dream. Every time we have had beautifully presented and very delicious food served with a smile. The staff are well prepared and knowledgeable and can give good suggestions. I am wheat intolerant so usually when dining out I have to scour the menus carefully but when I'm in 'Cup' I just have to mention casually that'd I'd like GF bread with my Eggs Benedict and no one bats an eye - deep joy - deep tasty joy.

1 Thank GallopingGranny27
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing cakes”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrived at lunchtime for the afternoon tea. Lovely selection of sandwiches and cakes, they brought the scones fresh from the oven after we had finished our sandwiches. Very busy when we were there but they gave us great service and were very accommodating. Wide selection of hot drinks available with the afternoon tea. Great value for money, we had to take some of the cakes away with us as we were so full. I would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013