“Fantastic lunch & great service - highly recommended”
Review of Cup Tea Room - West End - CLOSED

Cup Tea Room - West End
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Cup Tea Room is located at the top end of Byres Road. This is an Award Winning Tea Room
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Enjoyed a really nice lunch. A good, varied menu with a nice range of sandwiches, soup, afternoon tea, cupcakes etc. Very wide range of teas available. It was very busy when we turned up with no booking so they just took our mobile number & called us 15/20 mins later to allow us to continue shopping rather than waiting. Food was excellent. Good value too & very friendly service.

Paul-Scotland, Owner at Cup Tea Room - West End, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thanks folks for taking the time to write a review.

The team work hard at trying to look after our customers and this includes letting them stroll up Byres Road and us calling you when we have a table. Good to see the system is working!

Once again, many thanks for coming to visit us and we hope to see you again soon.

Paul

Reviewed January 14, 2013

my Mum and myself love coming to Cup when we go to byres rd for a little jaunt.. I love their sandwiches and soup and My Mum always gets the afternoon tea for 1. Staff are very pleasant and I can never quite pick what Cupcake I want for afters.. Too many to choose from :)

1  Thank Vicky79Glasgow
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for coffee and cake during shopping trip on Byres Road! Nice airy atmosphere with lots of natural light! Sat upstairs on balcony overlooking ground floor. Service was prompt and friendly! Waitress was well versed on menu and cakes on special. Had lovely caramel cup cake with Americano! Lovely! Would visit again.

1  Thank Glenn2404
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been to CUP a few times now, well everytime my parents come to visit as ever since I took my mum there on mothers day she insists on visiting everytime she comes to Glasgow!
The afternoon tea is delicious, always so much we end up with a lovely goodie bag to take home. The sandwiches and small cakes are excellent and the scones, made on the premises are fantastic. My mum love them and its not easy to bake a scone with pleases a baking grandma from Yorkshire!

I have also tried the new branch in the city center, for champagne and deserts and that was excellent as well. Well worth a visit but advised to book in advance.

1  Thank JennyS80
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I have come regilarly to this place and organised lots of meetings and gatherings here. The afternoon tea is always an experience to look forward to and it is seriously professional and lovely. However- I do have one particular reservation and that is the stroppy staff. Most of the younger students are ok but the managers seriously need to learn how to smile and be friendly in this public facing business. We have faced very abrupt manners from the staff here- understandably space is limited- but afternoon tea and strict rules don't sit together nicely!

2  Thank Alexandra M