“Great value simple food”
Review of Sizzlers Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value simple food”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Been to this restaurant many times and always enjoyed my meal. Do a great value pre threatre menu.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank lynncarr2016

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Now The Chophouse Brasserie, but just as BAD!”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I visited this place with my wife as we thought it was a new restaurant. However, it seems to have just changed its name to rid itself of the poor reputation it has aquired.
The name seems to be the only thing that has changed. Staff were clueless and the food was very disappointing.
I had the fish, which was full of bones and tasteless and my wifes apple crumble had the biggest lump of cinnamom i have ever seen right in the middle of it.
The restaurant boasts a 2 course lunch for £7.95, and gives you the special menu with starters, mains and deserts on it. We decided to go for a main and a desert. However, when the bill came we noticed we had been charged seperately for the courses. When we questioned this, the waitress stated it was only for starters and mains. Why put the deserts on the same menu then??
Overall it was a very disappointing experiance and we will not be returning.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank matt_stroud
Armadale, United Kingdom
“Not so good.”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Went to this place a while back at lunch time and can't say as I was too impressed. Asked for my steak medium to well done and it came out like penny black plimsole.

The pepper sauce was delightful though. Maybe I caught the chef on a bad day, who knows?

Visited December 2011
Glasgow
“It's decent but not great”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We have been here a few times - mostly because it's handy for us and because the £7.00 lunch meal offers great value for money. However if you come outside of when they are doing that deal then the food is very overpriced and some of it is not the best. Service is decent. Not bad, not great and outside of the lunch deal probably not worthwhile considering the competition in the immediate area.

Visited October 2011
“Poor value”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went for lunch. Service was poor - took a while to get our order taken & food took ages to arrive also - the place wasn't even busy

Main main of fish had far too many bones - spent more time spitting and picking at them

My partners steak wasn't the best either and potatoes were dry & tasteless

Less than generous portions too. I wouldn't imagine I will be returning

• Visited December 2011