“Birthday treat”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was the first time that i had dined here since it changed its name, and i was quite surprised. There were 4 of us myself,my wife our daughter,and her boyfriend.First they put us in the back of the restaurant behind a wall,and to be honest it made us feel invisable, apart from taking our meal and drink orders we were basically ignored by the staff. Our starters arrived warm and very tasty,then came the mains,my wife was served the wrong dish and as this was a birthday treat for her it put a bit of a damper on the night. This was rectified but my wife then had to wait watching everyone else enjoy their meal. The manager came over once my daughter brought this to his attention and apologised,then informed us that the drinks for the night were taken off the bill. All in all a pleasant enough night , but it could have been so much better if the staff were more attentive and more attention was paid to what the customer actually ordered.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have been here 3 times in total so my review will be based on all three visits.

We first went here for my birthday and the service was impeccable and the food delicious, really great and absolutely enjoyed my experience so decided to return.

On the second visit the food again was lovely but the service was lacking and I was a tad dissapointed.

The most recent time we took my mum for her birthday and the waitress got her food order wrong, the etiquette should be that all our food is replaced but instead we had two choices either eat and wait for my mums food to come or ours goes cold, neither of these options are exactly amazing, so was really dissapointed, the manager dealt with the complaint flawlessly although we felt like we were stuck out of the main resteraunt and completely forgotten about.

Also a few niggly complaints

the bread is not fresh baked
the sorbet is not home made and is instead bought in.

for the price of the food you would think they could make their own bread and sorbet, the previous restaraurant on this location managed these two things with the prices being the same so it can be done.

I hope the next visit is great or we sadly won't be returning, really needs to up its game in terms of service provided.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice atmosphere, lovely staff, great location and amazing food. Great for private functions. Would definitely come again.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went for a friends birthday to the Italian Bistro through an offer with 5pm deal.

It was so enjoyable! However the food was too spicy for me! The service was great, all other food is delicious and reasonably priced and i would definetely return!

Recommend people to go

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The restaurant is bright and airy. It somehow pulls off being pristine but at the same time feeling homely. Upon seating we were given bread, balsamic vinegar and olive oil which was a nice touch. The waitress was friendly and after we ordered the mixed antipasti for two as a starter advised us that we would not need a salad as the portions were huge. She was right. It is a pleasant change not to be upsold at every opportunity.

The menu was slightly odd with several dishes clearly of Scottish origin. Not a problem but unusual in a place that is by name an Italian Bistro. The food was ok. The parma ham in the starter was rubbery and clearly had been sitting in the back of the fridge for a day too long. he rest of the antipasti was ok but there was nothing that we were fighting over.

We had a lasagne and a dish of pasta with chicken. Again both were ok and if we had eaten them in a pub on a two meals for £10 deal we would be quite impressed. Maybe my standards are too high but for a decent Italian meal I would expect fresh pasta. The chicken was that strange "bitty" sort that does not seem to come from any cut of an animal but more like it was from a pack. I could be completely wrong but if that is not the case the chef needs to try a different supplier.

All in all the venue and staff were great but let down by pub grub food.

1  Thank Matt111111