“Gem in the Southside”

Mulberry St Bar/Bistro
Ranked #93 of 2,592 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mulberry St bar/bistro is one of the coolest bar/bistros in the Southside of Glasgow. It is split 50/50 between a bar and dining area. With a contemporary design style, stocky wooden tables and leather covered stools, it has a good mix of clientele of all ages. The menu is international in style with everything from Scots specialities to Thai curries. With an excellent wine list, it's little wonder many customers keep taking a walk down Mulberry St.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was absolutely shocked to read the latest review on Mulberry St. I have been a local at this establishment since it opened 7 years ago and have always found the staff in this family run business nothing short of exceptional. They are always extremely attentive and friendly and go out of their way to look after you. The bar area is lovely area for chilling out and has a wide array of beers and wines, of which I have savoured most, and never yet been disappointed. The food in the restaurant is second to none and I think I have possibly tried the entire menu again which is a delight to the palate. I cannot recommend this wee local enough it is a true gem in the Southside.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Disappointing - previous visits were good. On this trip -time for main course to arrive was exceptionally long, 1 hour wait! In addition, order taken down wrong - waitress never clarified and due to the long wait for food and as dining with friends just took the food! Maybe it was a one off but dining mid week you expect better and won't be rushing back in a hurry.

2  Thank Mwgs
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Celebrated a friend's birthday here recently and we were really impressed. Great menu - it was difficult to choose but I made the right choice with the chicken fajitas for mains. The best I have ever tasted and really nicely presented! A nice touch when they rang the bell as they brought out the birthday cake!

My only criticism, and it is very small, is that they didn't have enough champagne glasses for our prosecco as they were all being used.

Can't wait to return. Thanks for a lovely evening.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Wide variety on their menu all at very reasonable prices. Friends had haggis tempura for starter and I had mozzarella sticks. This was followed by fishcakes and salad (me) and chilli beef nachos.

All was very enjoyable. I have visited here a number of times on trips to Glasgow and enjoyed it every time. The restaurant is not in the centre of the city, however it is convenient for a meal prior to going to Hampden Park for an event.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been coming to Mulberry for a few years now, since I moved to the southside.
Its a really friendly place, Stewart, the owner always makes time to chat to you and the regular customers always have smile for you too.
I have come here with my partner and with friends wither just for drinks or for dinner and have never been disappointed.
Good sized portions of food and great wine. What more do you need :-)
Also the outside area is awesome when the sun is shining.
Its always a very relaxing atmoshere here, i would def recommend.