“Great seafood!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Crabshakk
Ranked #68 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Soups, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Anderston
“Great seafood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, great atmosphere, that part of argyle street is totally up and coming and the food is amazing. Fiancé took me for my most recent birthday got the lobster and half a crab. It was amazing. The service is great, we weren't hugely experienced in eating shellfish and our waitress took the time to explain what to do with the various tools they give you to get into your food without making us feel like idiots.

Visited April 2013

“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Surprised to see some less than glowing reviews complaining about service. Had lunch on busy saturday, served very quickly and no wait for food, Staff were lovely. Favourite place in Glasgow. The mini scallops were delicious and the crab cakes are amazing. My only problem is that the crab cakes are so nice that i never order anything else.

Only issue is that it is pretty expensive, but i knew that anyway and willing to live with it every now and again.

Glasgow
“Good venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Second visit! Good menu choices. We had haddock & chips and monkfish cheeks. Both very tasty and fresh.
Only slight gripe is that weather wise it was very cold outside and inside the restaurant could've been a bit warmer.
If you like fish this is the "plaice" to visit (ha ha!)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I popped in for an early dinner on Sunday we hadn't planned it, so didn't have a reservation, all tables were reserved, but we were happy to sit at the bar!
We ordered a few things to share as opposed to starters and mains! The food arrived as it was ready, which was perfect for us!
The crab cakes were really tasty, definitely a favourite of mine! I also tried the tempura squid for the first time, was absolutely delicious! The batter was perfect and the squid was lovely!

Service good and unhurried, though I always find the waiting staff very pleasant!

As others have said it's not the cheapest, but it does everything well, so I'm happy to pay it!

Definitely worth booking. If you aren't happy to sit at the bar though!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“best fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was my first time here after numerous times of trying to get a table. I was not disappointed with the standard and understand it's popularity. I had lemon sole on the bone which was beautifully cooked and the finest quality. The wine selection was also superb.

Tis is a delightful restaurant and is not to be missed