“best oysters ever!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you're an oyster fiend like me then you really need to try the oysters here!
For about £11 it will get you 6 of the biggest, meatiest oysters
The mussels are also great and all the other food around us looked incredible

We were lucky enough to get squeezed in at the bar on a Friday night but if you want to go I would defo book as it gets really busy!

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Crabshakk

Reviewed February 18, 2013

very small quirky design led restaurant - seating is at a premium however the best seats are at the bar, with some prosecco and oysters. its great ingredients served simply. dont expect fine dining, its simple seafood fare but done well - most of the time. a lovely little venue for that special occaision or a working lunch if someone lese is paying - a little pricey but worth the experience.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was recommended by a foaf. Two couples on a joint 60th celebration in our home city (we live in Wales and England). Our booking was for 4pm and at 3:30pm it was full, so we went to The 78 for a quick pint. At 4pm we were back at the door (don't look for a salubrious neighbourhood - it is Argyle Street after all). We were shown upstairs (think mezzanine in a TALL Glasgow tenement) to a very snug table overlooking the serving area and the adjoining bar stool eating places - neat for a quick bit of shellfish. You may think it sounds a bit crampt, but it has an amazing sense of space and light (even on a winter's day).The menu is quite small, after all this is serious fresh seafood. The waiting staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The last portion of scallops was available for starters; but in fact it wan't a full portion so the whitebait was thrown in for free. From there things went uphill quickly. My John Dory was absolutely delicious - the best I have ever tasted. All the food was cooked just right. I know it's a tricky subject, but the other diners were really nice too - a couple with a young baby next to us were entertaining and when the inevitable spill came the staff were unfazed and happily cleaned up. One word of caution - book; it is very busy. I can't think why!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went here recently and I can only describe it as excellent. The food was cooked to perfection and the service was as you would expect. I would recommend that you book a table. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is my second review of Crabshakk, we seem to end up in here about once a month and it just never ever misses a beat. Quite possibly our favorite place in Glasgow!