“A great place”

Eat Deli
Ranked #728 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A great place”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I really love Eat Deli. The food is fresh, home made, has great flavours and in my opinion is reasonably priced. I agree with previous reviewers that the service can be a bit inconsistent but for me the excellent food makes up for that. The carrot cake is the best I have ever tasted and the coffee is first class. I don't live in the area but any time I'm passing I make a point of going there. Overall an excellent place.

Visited August 2013
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Deli, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thanks. Glad you like eat deli, we try hard .! Hope you pay us a visit again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent food but service needs to be improved”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Been here many times. The food is excellent but not sure what has happened to the service. We sat down, and waited, and waited, And waited, no one acknowledged our presence so my husband got up and went to the counter to try to order our our food and drinks . We were advised that someone would come to the table to take our order. Eventually Someone did come to our table but it took about 20 minutes and to be honest I was just about ready to give up and go elsewhere. Food and drinks were good but not sure if I will go again. On our visit the deli was not full so can not say ok they were really busy which is why service was poor.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tracy_hall_uk
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Deli, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Apologies for your wait to be served. I will have a word with staff re this. A lot is going on at the deli and sometimes staff get caught up serving takeaway customers behind the counter, which might explain your wait. However, I will endeavour to make sure this does not happen again, and hope that your next visit is more enjoyable. Glad you liked the food.
“Shame about the staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is let down by some of the staff. When sitting in,they never smile or even acknowledge. Waited for 15 minutes and was never approached so just left. Seem to have an attitude problem. Will not return.

1 Thank LuGlasgow
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Deli, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
apologies re your negative experience at the deli. i am not sure of the day of your visit - i can only assume it was incredibly busy, and perhaps there was a lack of staff communication, in that assumption was made that someone else was serving you. i can assure you customer service is a top priority, and i instruct staff to keep an eye on the floor and the tables at all times to ensure customers are served promptly and tables cleared quickly. the feedback i receive re my staff is that they are very friendly and efficient. the deli is quite a small place, so fail to see how you could have been sitting for that long without someone approaching you re your order. it's also the sort of place where customers frequently order at the till point, so perhaps it would have been an idea to alert staff to the fact that you were waiting to be served - i am confident you would have been met with sincere apologies and prompt service in return.
Glasgow
“Observations of a west ender”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Having had lunch at Eat Deli a couple of times now I would like to give it a five star review. Hailing from the West End of Glasgow we are spoiled for choice of cafe/bars but I can honestly say this wee gem is by far my favourite. Staff lovely, food fab and atmosphere pitched just right. I'm definitely going to book a Spanish night, it sounds fab. I'm reluctant to add anything negative about this place but have to comment that I feel its a little expensive for a lunch. This is probably not due to the great quality food prices but to the drinks at £2.20 for a can of lemon and £2 for other soft drinks it soon adds up. Having said that, any plans to open a branch in the West End?

kathryn113, Owner at Eat Deli, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
thanks for great feedback. unfortunately no plans to open west end at the moment ......that could change!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spanish night”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Another great night at the deli in Clarkston. Excellent value at £16.95 for 3 courses and glass of Cava on Friday 3 May. Tapas style platter to start followed by an excellent fish stew and chicken and chorizo paella. Fab food and great service. Rich chocolate tart and meringues with berries finished off a lovely evening. Rioja excellent and great value for bottle. Look forward to next evening event.

1 Thank I C
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Deli, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the evening .... Lots more eat deli evenings to follow!