“Breakfast”

Eat Deli
Ranked #728 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Scotland
“Breakfast”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Friends and I had breakfast here. Food was lovely, portions not oversized. Price a little steep but good quality so justified. Staff pleasent, would go back if in the area.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“nice place...BUT far too expensive for what you get”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went in for brunch on a sunday. Place was busy, but staff quickly cleared table for us. Staff friendly and welcoming even though it was busy. It's a good addition to Shawlands. Really like the decor and has a great atmosphere. Food average - good enough BUT and its a big but, it's overpriced. £9 for average eggs benedict and £2.70 for a small cup of coffee. Competition is really increasing in the area, and while I do like the decor and atmosphere, you can get better quality food, for much cheaper.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank jill f
Clyde Valley
“Great food - service can be disappointing”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to the EAT deli in Clarkston and have never been let down by the standard and flavour of the food. Both the savoury dishes and the home baked cakes are always delicious. Tables are very tight together, so not the place for privacy or intimacy, but if you dont mind overhearing your neighbouring patrons as they eat and dont mind them overhearing you! then its fine.
The carrot cake and the lime and courgette muffins are superb. Each day the homemade soup is simply delicious - the catering side of this deli is to be highly recommended.
I wish I could say the same about the service. I have been many number of times and have had some bad experiences from the attitude of some of the waiting staff. There is one really helpful friendly girl who has been working there for years - she has light brown bobbed hair and is really great - but sadly have been disappointed by many of the others.
So in conclusion - food is FAB - but the management really need to pay attention to training their staff to be efficient and courteous.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank ClydeValleyChatty
“A great place to eat”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Visited on Sunday, had the most amazing mushroom soup and the home made scones were delicious
husband had meatballs which he said were excellent
No complaints at all. A nice relaxing atmosphere and great for a Sunday afternoon relaxing lunch

• Visited August 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“EAT? Only if they want to make it for you!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Me and my lad (He’s only 5) visited Eat one Friday morning.. We had been going to EAT since it opened in Clarkston and used to use the take away service lots, buying up the Chicken Escalope’s like they were going out of fashion and the great toasted baguettes and Panini’s.. However the service had got poor, the quality of ingredients fell, prices went up, when we got home or the portions had got smaller and smaller and there were a couple of times there was stuff missing from our orders so we just stopped having take away from them.. I digress.. So, me and the lad had a fun filled day of going for breakfast, transport museum, meeting mum for a spot of lunch in the town and then pictures in the afternoon.. Got to eat and sat at the table and looked over the menu.. Sat for a while (we were the only people in the restaurant) and watched another older couple walk in and sit down.. The guy went up to the counter and ordered a couple of coffee’s, the girl asked him to sit down and she would take the order from the table. She did come over and take their order and completely ignored me and my son.. I went up and picked a couple of drinks out of the fridge and we sat and waited another 5 minutes to be served. The girl was a bit miffed that we had helped ourselves to drinks but none the less, the little guy could get his French Toast that he had been talking about since the night before and I could get a good Scottish Breakfast.. Or so we thought.. I asked for French toast, now I know they can do it because I had it there before! “Hmmmm, not sure we van do French toast came the reply from the waitress!”.. “ But I will ask the chef!” .. Que me pacifying a 5 year old that I had been playing up how good the French toast is! The waitress came up and said “ Chef said he cant do French Toast!” “Cant or does not want to??”.. “ You can pick something else from the menu!” .. So I decided to leave it to the best judge of the situation, my son! “Will we order something else here or go elsewhere?” I asked! “ We will go somewhere else Daddy!”
Well done son.. We have never had the opportunity to darken the door of EAT Deli since and we never will again. Used to be excellent but complacency of custom as well as Sky High pricing for most items (£4 for a small tub of Greek Salad! Really?) and the competition in the area has grown as well.. The Excellent Whole Foods is just down the road and while that not cheap, the great selection and service more than makes up for it!

• Visited July 2012