“2-4-1 pizzas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Republic Bier Halle
Ranked #232 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Pub, European
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Diss
“2-4-1 pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Located just off Buchanan Street (the main shopping thoroughfare) through a doorway and down some stairs is the Bier Halle (unless you chose to sit in their designated outdoor seating on the pedestrianised Gordon Street). The menu boasts a wealth of world beers and offers a seemingly permanent pizza deal. There are plenty of staff flitting around the tables taking orders and bringing you your food and drinks. Great beer, good food and excellent service.

• Polish first
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Always a good place to be !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Been going to republic bier hall for a number of years , outside in the buzz of gordon street is just the place to on a sunny day , it's got a covered area if it rains ... Which is normal .
Our recent visit we were watching the cycling road race at the commonwealth games & decided on a pizza instead of a more formal meal .... In we went down the stairs through the door to place you just don't expect it to be , low lights , bench type seats & small booths that can sit 4 /6 , wood and concrete is the decor
The two for one pizza is perfect / pepperoni & margarita £ 13.95
Service was quick and friendly ...... Now no debit cards only cash is the thing here , the girl was well versed and said the bank machine is right outside & the reason for cash was that the signal was very poor .
Lindeboon my own personal favourite beer ..Dutch I think £4.55 500ml bottle x2
1/2 litre of house red £ 8.25
Total for our stay £31.10 ... Not bad , right in the middle of glasgow

Waitress first class , over the moon when I gave her a tip ... Good service deserves it always in my book .

Only one thing lets it down , toilets were ... Well not what you would expect , not clean & not good

Any way .. Minor .... Give it a go ...right next door to greaves sports shop

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Australia
“Good pizza in the city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Lovely pub in the city centre. I didn't have beer but the pizzas were pretty good and are 2 for 1 from 12 until 9pm most days I think. Pretty unusual selection, as well as the standard favourites. We went for the falafel pizza and the buffalo mozzarella. The falafel was awesome, the buffalo mozzarella was pretty light on the mozzarella but I love cheese! For two pizzas and a beer it was about £17.

London
“Outdoor seating, good food and good beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

My partner and I were taken here for the evening by a local Glaswegian and we were not disappointed. We didn't have to wait very long for a table and although you get a more extensive beer menu if you venture inside the beers that we did try were very good. I'm sure if I could have been bothered to go downstairs and look at the selection that they would have delivered outside but I was too busy basking in the Friday evening sun to actually care :)

They are also known for their 2-4-1 pizza offer and these are such good value. Four full size pizza for £28 is an absolutel steal and they were hot, loaded with toppings and very tasty indeed.

The only downside was that we ordered three bottles of cider and the waitress accidentally dropped all of these over my partner and I and indeed the entire table. Although we were given replacement drinks and towel and water to wipe ourselves down with the least I would have expected was the round on the house but nothing other than a swift apology was offered to us. Minor issue and of course accidents happen but cider when it starts to dry is sticky and we had to have a shower when we got home plus give all my clothes a thorough wash.

Will definitely be visiting again when I am in the area. With good beer and pizza on offer you just can't go wrong :)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Oldie but a goodie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

It's been here for aaages, and is so well known it's always busy. If I had to pick a downside, that'd be it!! Sometimes you want to go there on a Friday night and you've not a hope in hell of getting a seat (which is not your fault Republic). Pizzas here are amazing, as is the choice of beers available - even if you're not a beer fan!

Visited July 2014