“Value meals in the heart of the city”

Republic Bier Halle
Ranked #267 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Merchant City
Reviewed April 22, 2013

found this place by chance while in Glasgow city centre on saturday.
The food was great value for the price we paid and the drink was also reasonable.
I had the beef goulash and my wife had the chicken caeser salad(only 20p extra for the chicken)
It is a bit dark but full of atmosphere and the service was first class where nothing was a bother to every one that served us(All with a smile)

There are newer reviews for Republic Bier Halle

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The last time I went to Bier Halle was last weekend, but I've been about 5 times. I am never disappointed, the staff is friendly and helpful, the location is good and the pizza is absolutely fantastic. They do a 2 for 1 deal with their pizzas, which in my opinion is extremely good value, not to mention the great selection of beers. I also like the environment, the decoration goes well with the fact that this is a downstairs restaurant. The only thing that bothers me is that the music (always very good) is very loud and makes it hard to have a conversation. But if you want to go for a relaxed meal with your friends, this is definitely the place.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We went there on the Friday before Christmas, all ten of us. Obviously the place was mobbed, but we still got served for food and beer. The choice of beers is excellent, although some of them can be quite pricey if you are on a shoestring budget, I wasn't. The real gem here are the pizzas. They are two for one until 10pm, baked fresh and the choice is huge. I had the chorizo pizza. The bases are thin and just the right amount. The two for one offer is fabulous value. For one the price is heavy, for two its cheap. the food is well recommended.
Admittedly the place does look like reconditioned nuclear bunker with a bar, but this adds to the atmosphere. This place is fun. You go there to drink beer and eat pizza. If you want velour and palm trees go and pay £50 a head to start. With care you could eat here with a drink for £20, for those on a tight budget. I like the idea of a beer menu; more places should do it because I for one don't know enough.
Visit and you won't be disappointed. Go with an open mind and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Just a few minutes all from Grand Central station, this place is full of atmosphere. Friendly staff and pizza as good as you'll eat in the best of pizzerias. Try the spicy merguez with three chillis, if you dare!

1  Thank Goneilluk
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Pizza in republic is 2-4-1 at all times. There is a great choice of toppings and all pizzas are stone baked and thin and crispy. I had haggis which was delicious. I'd definitely go back for pizza.