“xmas night”
Review of Koolba

Koolba
Reserve with OpenTable
Koolba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: KoolBa is a warm, modern, and inviting authentic Indian restaurant in Glasgow, located in the heart of the Merchant City. We have worked hard and KoolBa has now become synonymous with quality Indian and Persian cuisine. We have achieved this with our commitment to using the best local produce, fresh herbs, carefully selected whole spices, but above all offering genuine appreciation and care to all of our customers. We are committed to providing freshly made to order dishes to Glasgow's diners. Some customers enjoy switching between our Indian and Persian dishes with each course, and in particular, many of our regular diners recommend our homemade chicken pakora as a firm favourite, along with freshly made peshwari naan. Open for Merchant City Festival from 20/07 Monday Noon till the end of July!
Reviewed December 8, 2013

nice relaxed atmosphere, good food, plenty of choice, value for money, friendly staff and over all good service. i will certainly go back. its in a good area close to other places of interest easy access to public transport.

Haddad_Manager, General Manager at Koolba, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you for the review Kimberley, it's so good to read feedback like that. We will continue to do our best and deliver the same standards on your next visit. We will do our best to make it 5/5! Thank you for coming.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,627)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Started with pakora plater. Chicken, Veg, fish and chicken chaat. All excellent quality with amazing flavour. On to main course I had a majestic kebab which was marinated chicken and lamb cooked on a flame grill to perfection.

Highly recommend to everyone

Thank you for the great review Paul. Great to have you and I look forward to welcoming you to KoolBa again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a great Indian restaurant in the Merchant City. Although their menu is fairly standard it tastes great and they do have a couple of persian dishes which are something unusual. Nice atmosphere and it has been very busy couple of times Ive visited recently so Id advise booking. Highly recommended.

Hello Mikey,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Many of our dishes are actually a speciality of ours and other Indian dishes you can't actually order in most other restaurants. We have more than few choices for diners from the Persian BBQ menu too and I hope you have tried them all!

Thank you for being a customer of ours and I hope we can see you again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a cracking restaurant in Glasgow's Merchant City. The service was slick and friendly and the food was lovely. Mum had the Goan Sea Bass which was great - a lovely thick sauce and a good size tasty fillet. The restaurant had a good, vibrant atmosphere and it was not expensive. A lovely meal, thanks.

1  Thank cprior26
Haddad_Manager, General Manager at Koolba, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Thank you for leaving us a very positive review. I'm pleased that you and your mum enjoyed the food and service. When you are next in Glasgow please visit us again, we'd be delighted to have you back!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

my swedish friend,and I had just finished an intensive two day converence in glasgow, and he asked me to take me to my favourite curry restaurant, as he loves a good curry [ sweden is NOT famous for its curries]. so I tel. "Koolba" to book a table for 5.20pm - giving them 20 minutes notice. No problem. As a regular customer[ I was there last week], we were given a warm welcome . The waiter asked if we liked fish pakora , and said it was made from fresh haddock. To our shame ,we said we had never tried it - but were up for giving it a go! He then suggested we try another starter to share, this time with lamb [ he knows I love lamb] kebabs , one skewer of minced ,and one of tender pieces. He told us that these are marinated in lemon juice overnight, and then cooked in lemon juice - the timing of this was critical he pointed out. The dips to accompany the lamb were a yogurt with mint , paprika and a little olive oil [I have had this many times] and a new one for me , based on mango [which was familiar], but with added ingredients one being green chillies - which was obvious - the others mystify as yet! At this point in the ordering process, the waiter suggested a bottle of wine to accompany our meal[ he knows I have a weakness for good wine at room temperature] ,saying that a 2006 Australian shiraz would compliment these dishes well. At the risk of banging the drum again, I beg those of you who have yet to try wine with curry ,to give it a try - here at Koolba you get good advice. For our main course we decided on chicken curry with green chillies, fried basmati rice and plain nan. this was rounded off with Iraqi coffee - powerfull stuff! Well , what a meal this was ! every thing lived up to what we were told, suffice to quote my swedish friend on leaving," this is by far the best curry he has ever had" Ditto that. I finish this review with a warning - do not go to Koolba if your time is tight - meals of this quality take a little more time.

Haddad_Manager, General Manager at Koolba, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for yet another great review Bill.

It's always a pleasure to have you and thank you for brining your Swedish friend too. I'm glad that people from further a field also really like what we do; we must be doing something right! And of course we'll endeavour to keep it going and deliver the same experience on your next visit.

Thank you.