“"Gets better each time we visit"”
Review of Koolba

Koolba
Reserve with OpenTable
Koolba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: KoolBa is a warm, modern, and inviting authentic Indian restaurant in Glasgow, located in the heart of the Merchant City. We have worked hard and KoolBa has now become synonymous with quality Indian and Persian cuisine. We have achieved this with our commitment to using the best local produce, fresh herbs, carefully selected whole spices, but above all offering genuine appreciation and care to all of our customers. We are committed to providing freshly made to order dishes to Glasgow's diners. Some customers enjoy switching between our Indian and Persian dishes with each course, and in particular, many of our regular diners recommend our homemade chicken pakora as a firm favourite, along with freshly made peshwari naan. Open for Merchant City Festival from 20/07 Monday Noon till the end of July!
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the third time we have eaten in this restaurant, and again we were not dissapointed in fact I would go as far as saying its the best Indian food I have tasted. The decor is nice staff very good, keep it up Koolba we will be back.

Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hello DJR100,

Many thanks for leaving us a review and thank you for coming back three times. I hope you return many more. I'm very happy with that accolade but we simply try and do the best we can by our customers.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Fattah

Write a ReviewReviews (1,627)

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us by an acquaintance during a recent trip to Glasgow.
We opted for the pre-theatre menu.
Starting with hummus and flat bread and veg pakora and mains of chicken tikka and paneer for mains with rice and the lightest naan bread ever - not heavy in the slightest.
the mains were not greasy or heavy on the ghee - very nice, filling and tasty.

All in all we would return again and would recommend to others.

Fattah H, Owner at Koolba, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hello Ian, Hello Claire,

I want to thank you for leaving us a review and I will have to track down your friend who recommended us too. Your comments and feedback are much appreciated and I do hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Back at KoolBa recently for an evening meal. The food was delicious as always - mushroom pakora is just fantastic and the Peshwari nan is the best ever. Re. the unconventional presentation that has offended some others - I like this and in addition have found that if you ask in advance to have your food presented in a particular way (share, not share, separate plates etc), the staff seem able to accommodate this. We rarely have a set meal each (starter, main course etc) and it has never caused a problem. Only comment I would make is that our waiter seemed keen to move us on, re-laying the table before we had asked for the bill. This seemed strange as we were seated in the back portion of the restaurant which was fairly empty at the time. We are usually a party of 3-5 women who like to chat and, as the food is so universally delicious, we like to give it the time it deserves. Also our area was a bit on the cool side.

Hello again Condor,

Many thanks for leaving us a second very positive review.

I want to thank you for pointing out that we will cater to our customers requests. We are always more than happy to do this. I will look into the coolness of the restaurant in this are and apologies for the misunderstanding, I believe our waiter was setting the table again for presentation purposes rather than to move you on. We like our customers to be in clutter free spaces that they can enjoy. Rest assured the intent was not to have you all move on.

I hope we see you all again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been going here for a few years now and it never disappoints. We have moved out of the city centre so don't get to go as much. The service is always excellent and the food always very fresh. My favourite is the lamb karahi. Great dips and pakora as well. Best curry in Glasgow.

Hi Drew,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm very pleased to hear that you have been dining with us for a number of years - it tells me we are doing something right! Please tell us if we ever get something wrong though, I'd hate for a loyal customer to ever leave feeling troubled about their experience.

The lamb karahi is a good choice. Next time try it with extra chillies, we are happy to add these upon request. It's kind that you say we are the best in Glasgow, we just keep trying to do right by our customers.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just wandering looking for somewhere to eat and saw Trip Advisor/Award winning notices in window. Very pleased we went in: extremely friendly, helpful staff without being too overbearing. Plenty of customers even on a Wednesday evening. Food was delicious (tasty and spicy without being too 'hot') and excellent value - we had opted for the pre theatre menu.
In a good location in the Merchant City area. My husband plans to use the restaurant if he needs to meet anyone for lunch in future. We'll be back another evening.

Hello Joanna,

Many thanks for the kind review and even better that your husband plans to use us as a meeting spot. I hope we can see you both dining with us on a busier weekend perhaps from the lunch or a la carte menu soon.

Kind regards