“Excellent!”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Glasgow's first enoteca, The Italian Caffe is situated right in the very centre of Merchant City, offering fine dining and fine wines in a sleek and contemporary atmosphere. Intended to be a bit of a home from home, The Italian Caffe may be modern and upmarket but it's nonetheless cosy and welcoming, a place to relax and unwind after a hard day in the office. Take your pick from comfortable deep green banquettes, window side seating or a perch at the bar and settle in for an evening of chilled indulgence courtesy of your choice from The Italian Caffe's fifty-odd excellent and carefully chosen wines, both Italian and international. And though those fantastic wines form the backbone of the enoteca approach don't think for a moment that food has been neglected.
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here with friends before we went to see Rod Stewart. Great service, the place is spotless and the food is very very good. Four of us had 11 dishes between us and the were all lovely. Small portions, but that the whole idea. Highlights were Cod risotto, pork cheeks (amazing) and the sausage and bean stew. Will definately return the next time we're in Glasgow.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This place got me excited by their website weeks (6 weeks to be precise) before I was due to be in Glasgow. We got a recommendation from a friend and I had a quick look on their site.... Well, it was more like a quick look every week for 6 weeks. On the day, I decided to only have lunch and ready myself for a feast. I even decided not to drink that much before the meal.
To say the least, I was not disappointed. There were 3 of us and we were given a 6 people table. At first I didn't understand the logic behind that but I guess it was a Friday, not that packed and they probably saw the lust or hunger in my eyes. I wanted everything on the menu. At this point, I had memorised the menu and knew exactly what I wanted. Alas, there was a special menu on the table. Doooh. That totally threw things off balance. I was lost. I wanted what I set out to get PLUS the stuff on the special menu.
At the end, I decided to go for the oysters then the veal then the spicy sausage then the calamari. Then I almost fainted. You'd think "Yep, he's done, somebody put a fork on him". Nope, I finished off with dessert.
On the day, I was proud to say I was a porker of note.
It was totally worth it and I will definitely be going back there again but for now, it's gym time :)

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

A work customer suggested we go here..he hadn't told me it was Italian ..he had just said let's have Tapas. Well we managed to park outside. I realised it was an Italian restaurant and immediately wrote off the idea of Tapas.. Well I was completely wrong..great food with great service.. I recommend the Calamari and the Cod risotto. My friend loves the raw beef salad.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good for sharing dishes and a nice variety. Great service, very attentive. My friend and I shared 6 tapa style dishes, all of which were very delicious. She is Italian, and usually quite critical but she loved every dish we had. Highly recommend for a nice night out.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I really enjoyed my visit. Was unsure of menu as not familiar with the idea of italian tapas however waitress was very good in explaining portion size and what is recommended. Visited with my husband and both were hungry so ordered starter, amazing! and from set menu which offers any choice of 3 small plates for £13.95, great for fri night dining. This was far to much, portions are good for tapas! The only tricky thing is choosing plates that compliment each other. I really enjoyed my meal however my husband was tempted to have a taste of everything which slightly confused him with too many lovely flavours. Would definitely return - been thinking about my starter all week - it was only bruschetta but so fresh and tasty! We tried pizza, two kinds of pork, stuffed peppers, rosemary potatoes and risotto- all recommended.