“Splendid :) ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shandon Belles

Shandon Belles
Ranked #157 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: The Shandon Belles is a quirky and cosy bistro on Argyle street, conveniently located downstairs from Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery and only a stone's throw from the Marriot, Hilton and Hallmark hotels. Comfortable corners, stained glass and exposed brickwork add real character to the welcoming decor, creating a warm delightful ambience. Specialising in quality, hearty fare using great Scottish ingredients, our set menu offers superb value for money with seasonal choices to suit every palate. Daily specials, a competitively priced wine list, and a sumptuous cocktail menu, makes the Shandon Belles one dining experience you won't want to miss!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Splendid :) ”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

It's been quite some time since we visited Shandon Belle and we were pleasantly surprised that this restaurant has retained everything that has drawn us to return here .
It was my auntie's 1st visit and she was sooo pleased I'm pretty sure she will also return with her friends :)
We opted for the 2 course option and the tempura haggis , and goats cheese tart , this was followed by the fish if the day cod with cabbage and a delicious pancetta sauce . There were plenty additional vegetables .
The experience was fab and don't believe we'll wait so long to return
Many Thanks

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Really good first time experience ”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at the Shandon Belles. From walking in the door we were made very welcome by the front of house staff who showed us to our table and gave us ample time to study the menu. Service was top class. Would highly recommend this to others

“Never anything but superb”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

What fantastic food was eaten by our table of 5 , the fish special cajan seabass was superb, would highly recommend the millionaires cheesecake really cant fault this wonderful wee place, staff are welcoming , atmosphere is excellent a lovely relaxing place to enjoy its wonderful food. Really couldn't fault it well done

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate at this little basement restaurant 2 evenings ago. What a lovely dining experience! The decor was charming, the atmosphere relaxed and the service was very attentive without being intrusive. The beef kofta and spiced vegetable risotto that I had were both delicious. My husband had the bruschetta and the steak pie. My husband commented that the steak pie was the best he'd had for many years and really reminded him of home prepared pies he had enjoyed during his childhood. Also excellent value for money. Would definitely return.

1 Thank tree_y1
east kilbride
“Simply Divine”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

It's been a long time since I have been to this restaurant but I must say I had an amazing meal there today. The service & staff were first class & the food was simply wonderful. I had the soup of the day & the risotto was the best I have ever tasted. Honestly. The house wine is just brilliant. I will certainly return there soon & would recommend this gem of a place to everyone.

• Visited April 2014