“Shandon Belles Maintains High Standard”
Review of Shandon Belles

Shandon Belles
Ranked #186 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: The Shandon Belles is a quirky and cosy bistro on Argyle street, conveniently located downstairs from Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery and only a stone's throw from the Marriot, Hilton and Hallmark hotels. Comfortable corners, stained glass and exposed brickwork add real character to the welcoming decor, creating a warm delightful ambience. Specialising in quality, hearty fare using great Scottish ingredients, our set menu offers superb value for money with seasonal choices to suit every palate. Daily specials, a competitively priced wine list, and a sumptuous cocktail menu, makes the Shandon Belles one dining experience you won't want to miss!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Shandon Belles Maintains High Standard”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The warm welcome within Shandon Belles was almost palpable and a complete contrast to the cold, wet November night we left outside.
There was a good selection on the menu and we made the ideal choice in the haggis stuffed chicken followed by sticky toffee pudding. The butterscotch sauce was a delight to the taste buds being not too heavy and sickly like some.
Alan, with his ready smile provided excellent service, as usual, and was charmingly assisted by Leah.
Some may feel the location is a bit remote but it has a carpark and is only a very short taxi or bus ride from city centre. It is most certainly worth the trip for delicious food and wine, first class service and all at reasonable cost within a very cosy environment.
We have been several times now and it just seems to be better and better at each visit. Full marks to all the staff.

• Visited November 2013

Montrose
“Best value/service in Glasgow”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I discovered this FANSTASTIC restaurant last year and we love visiting every time we are in town. The service from the staff, Ken in particular, is amazing. They are attentive yet not intruding, they are warm and welcoming, and we always love catching up with them. The warm welcome you receive from the staff is then followed up by the excellent food. The menus give a great choice, the food is cooked perfectly and looks delicious when brought out. After the super service and the great tasting food, you might expect a large bill at the end, but no, the night ends perfectly as everything is priced very reasonably. You leave feeling full, happy and looking forward to coming back to repeat the experience. We just wish there was one of these in Aberdeen!

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Old school quality and value”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This place is on my "A" list. If you want a great meal in a nice quiet atmosphere that wont break the bank....Here it is! every time I go back I think I should eat here more often! Great for a romantic out of the way liaison.

• Visited February 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and superb value!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I booked a table here at very last minute whilst travelling solo for work. I was made to feel incredibly welcome, the staff are excellent; pleasant, efficient and extremely accommodating. I enjoyed a very tasty three courses all of excellent quality and superb value at just £18, washed down with a delicious glass of red wine which again was exceptionally reasonably priced. As it was midweek it was reasonably quiet but there was still a convivial atmosphere. I will definitely be returning with friends and work colleagues in the future!

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We found ourselves here after being unable to get a table at The Two Fat Ladies - we were not disappointed! The food was delicious, and very reasonably priced. For around £60, my fiancé and I enjoyed two courses each, a scrumptious pudding to share, along with wine and beer. I can't imagine many other places in Glasgow where you could expect such a high quality meal for the price. Great service, intimate atmosphere - highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013