“Just okay”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: The Shandon Belles is a quirky and cosy bistro on Argyle street, conveniently located downstairs from Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery and only a stone's throw from the Marriot, Hilton and Hallmark hotels. Comfortable corners, stained glass and exposed brickwork add real character to the welcoming decor, creating a warm delightful ambience. Specialising in quality, hearty fare using great Scottish ingredients, our set menu offers superb value for money with seasonal choices to suit every palate. Daily specials, a competitively priced wine list, and a sumptuous cocktail menu, makes the Shandon Belles one dining experience you won't want to miss!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Actually slightly disappointing. I had pastry tart to start and my partner had the fishcake. Both were tastless. I had a chicken main course which was ok but nothing special and my partner had the burger was just ok . The highlight was dessert – strawberry cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding. I had been looking forward to going and expected something special based on the reviews and although the meal was ok it really didn’t live up to my expectations. So not bad but not great

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my wife, last Saturday. We did not know place and we have been surprised by the beauty of this little nice place.
Waitress very nice, good food, reasonable price.
We'll certainly be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner last night and the food was so good had a great time and the service, the dtaff and atmosphere eere all great. Thank will defo go again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

What's not to like about this deal? It was amazing! Totally amazing!! We were going along to the theatre to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert starring Jason Donovan. As it was an early evening showing, we booked for Shandon Belles for 3pm. It was pretty quiet but that meant we almosat had the place to ourselves! Manager, Alan, seated us in a small booth and it was intimate and friendly. We opted not to have starters as we didn't want to fill up too much before the show! Bopth main courses were amazing. The haddock was the day special which had a £3 surcharge on the 2 courses for £15 deal. The food was splendid from start to finish. I had a bottle of house white - my favourite sauvignon blanc and at £12 a bottle was incredibly reasonable! I recently ate in the nearby Renfrew Ferry and it was a rotten sauvignon for £17! Well done Shandon Belles!!. The sticky toffee pudding David had was really lovely though he did say he would have preferred ice-cream but never mind. He ate every morsel!! I had the cheese and all 3 cheeses were fab, especially the one with the red wine through it! Lovely falvour. It took us so long to come here + considering I worked nearby and schooled nearby (many moons ago), will certainly be back for an encore! Thanks to the chefs and to Alan for looking after us! Fantastic place and excellent good value for money food! Xx

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my colleagues while at a conference at the SECC. They took really good care of us even though we had made no reservations and were a company of six persons arriving quite late. I recomend this place if you're in the area!