“Would visit over and over again”
Review of Shandon Belles

Shandon Belles
Ranked #213 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: The Shandon Belles is a quirky and cosy bistro on Argyle street, conveniently located downstairs from Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery and only a stone's throw from the Marriot, Hilton and Hallmark hotels. Comfortable corners, stained glass and exposed brickwork add real character to the welcoming decor, creating a warm delightful ambience. Specialising in quality, hearty fare using great Scottish ingredients, our set menu offers superb value for money with seasonal choices to suit every palate. Daily specials, a competitively priced wine list, and a sumptuous cocktail menu, makes the Shandon Belles one dining experience you won't want to miss!
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The service was as wonderful as the food. Went with 5 friends and a child, the staff were attentive and very professional. They could not do enough for us. Everyone of us loved the experience, we often go out for lunch and this was one of the best. Will be back.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited Shandon Belles for the first time today with a couple of friends and had a lovely lunch. 3 courses for £18 - excellent value for money. The service was flawless - attentive but not intrusive and complimentary bread to start with. Lovely. Will be back.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My partner and I dined at Shandon Belles for the first time recently and tried out the pre-theatre offer. Our main aim was to grab a quick bite before seeing a show at The Kings Theatre, and I did not expect the level of gastronomic excellence or service excellence that accompanied our experience. From the moment we entered the restaurant we were made very welcome. The service was attentive, but relaxed, which helped create a nice ambiance. I was pleasantly surprised at the choice of menu for a fixed price pre-theatre menu and also that a bottle of wine was thrown in for good measure, even better that I was not the driver, and my partner had only a small glass! The food was excellent, and every course was a delight. I would most definitely recommend The Shandon Belles and will definitely return in the near future.

1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I last visited the Shandon belles at Christmas, when the the festive menu/experience was great. Returning with friends, we enjoyed a different and varied menu which achieved the same high standard for food quality and value for money.

I won't list what everyone ate, but the dishes we collectively identified as the best would be: posh beans on toast; steak pie; sticky toffee pudding. That said, we all really enjoyed our individual meals and would happly return.

Finally, service was super.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

2 course meal for £15 or 3 courses for £18 - half bottle of wine for £6. Sits underneath the Two Fat Ladies restaurant and provides the same high standard quality of food and service

1  Thank Brian P