“Delightful”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: The Shandon Belles is a quirky and cosy bistro on Argyle street, conveniently located downstairs from Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery and only a stone's throw from the Marriot, Hilton and Hallmark hotels. Comfortable corners, stained glass and exposed brickwork add real character to the welcoming decor, creating a warm delightful ambience. Specialising in quality, hearty fare using great Scottish ingredients, our set menu offers superb value for money with seasonal choices to suit every palate. Daily specials, a competitively priced wine list, and a sumptuous cocktail menu, makes the Shandon Belles one dining experience you won't want to miss!
Reviewed December 31, 2012

HIdden away in a quiet resedential area at the back of Argyll street sits this little gem of a place. On entering, I was taken aback with how nice it was inside. Quirkily decorated and very cozy without being too cramped. I'm not sure what the building used to be but it's obviously been converted as there are stained glass windows. It really adds to the character.

The complimentary bread was lovely - I'm not exactly sure what kind it was but it tasted a bit different. We both had the risotto for a starter and I was a bit daunted as it was such a big portion and I was planning on having 3 courses. It was lovely. I ordered the burger for my main and this is the only reason I'm not rating the restaurant excellent. It was quite dry and tasteless and the so called salsa that it was served with was absolutely nothing like any salsa I have ever seen or tasted - tasteless, watery and full of corguettes? The homemade chips however were very nice. My partners chicken main was also lovely and looking around the room the other mains also looked nice. Guess I just made a bad choice!

Coconunt parfait and banana chocolate merangue for dessert. Both lovely, a bit different and nice and light - perfect at the end of a big meal. The service was also paced very well - food neither served too fast or too slow with a really nice ambience throughout. I also love the fact that it's always a set price.

I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have eaten here on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. Food is great, service is excellent and its great value for money. Add a relaxed and comfortable setting and good friends (they didn't supply them) and it was yet another great night out.

We will be back again!

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Lovely evening, staff were polite, attentive and entertaining. Food was delicious, very affordable, lovely decor and quickly prepared - very worth a visit!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We visited this restaurant last night as a group of 7. The restaurant has a small warm cosy feel to it. When we were seated it was quite sometime before we were even offered a drink whilst we looked at the menu. Overall I was very impressed by the food served throughout our meal - no one at the table had any complaints regarding food at all. Where I felt let the team down was the service we were given - there were 2 waitresses that I was aware of for the whole restaurant - there were 3 occasions we had requested something from the serving staff & they were forgotten drinks,condiments etc this sometimes happens especially when restaurants are busy but the staff seemed unenthusiastic & dis interested - I put this down to the fact it was just after Christmas - but did take away from our experience as we had all heard such good things about this restaurant.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Visited for a Xmas night out. Great value 3 courses and wine for £25. Food was excellent, atmosphere great and a lovely little place.

Been to Shandon Belles? Share your experiences!