“Great food, excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shandon Belles

Shandon Belles
Ranked #157 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Anderston
Description: The Shandon Belles is a quirky and cosy bistro on Argyle street, conveniently located downstairs from Two Fat Ladies at The Buttery and only a stone's throw from the Marriot, Hilton and Hallmark hotels. Comfortable corners, stained glass and exposed brickwork add real character to the welcoming decor, creating a warm delightful ambience. Specialising in quality, hearty fare using great Scottish ingredients, our set menu offers superb value for money with seasonal choices to suit every palate. Daily specials, a competitively priced wine list, and a sumptuous cocktail menu, makes the Shandon Belles one dining experience you won't want to miss!
“Great food, excellent value for money”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Ate there today, me and my girlfriend both had 3 courses, half a bottle of wine and a soft drink. The bill came to just under £40 pound, I couldn't fault the food and the service was excellent. We will definetly be back if we return to Glasgow.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Faultless!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I'm reluctant to review this place as I'd rather keep this hidden gem all to myself. Spent a wonderful Sunday afternoon at this lovely, inexpensive reastaurant located beneath the Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery. A compact menu which is cleverly designed to suit all tastes (can recommend the beef stroganoff). Decent selection of well priced wines and spirits and a truly delicious coffee which was accompanied by some of "Jim's" tablet. Definately not to be missed. I may have been lucky, but the music was superb and could have been chosen just for me. Unbelievably good service from two fiendly but professional waiting staff who added to an excellent experience. I can honestly say my visit was faultless and I cannot wait to return.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

First visit, but won't be the last. Excellent service, not rushed, simple food very well done. We'd highly recommend it.

“well worth a visit”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

fantastic meal in lovely surroundings, great value, booked for xmas, dont miss out on this fantastic wee restaurant

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Perfect Romantic Meal”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We celebrated our Wedding Anniversary here after finding it on Trip advisor. It is an absolute little Gem. The food is fantastic and the staff are lovely and very helpful.
They have a set menu which was not only amazing value, the food was delicious. The house red wine was also fantastic.
I used street view to try and get my bearings as we where walking from the centre. It took about 15 minutes to walk along Argyle Street which was well worth coming out of town for. Initially the restaurant seems to be in a strange place out of the way of everything but as soon as you walk downstairs to the basement it really was lovely.
I cannot recommend this highly enough. It was so romantic. If we are ever in Glasgow again we will definitely be back.
Just to note that the Two Fat ladies restaurants in Glasgow have no connection to the Two fat ladies TV chefs but don't let that discourage you!

1 Thank BlackpoolBelle8