“EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT - From Mr Picky”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT - From Mr Picky”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Can't recommend this hotel enough. So many places these days slap on the word 'boutique' and plonk some trendy wallpaper and funky lamp in the lobby to justify it. Not this place.

Staff were fantastic and must have been through some great training program. I hate to say this but lovely to be served by great Scottish accented staff who had a pride in the job and offered outstanding serivce.

Rooms lovely, (Deluxe, facing the square). Well soundproofed, excellent bed. Nice use of tweeds and traditional scottish items which were subtle but noticed. Suit sent for pressing at short notice with no hassle.

Travel non stop and stay in fantastic places and this really stood out.

Well worth the money and would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bromley, Kent
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I had one night's stay at the end of October 2010 in connection with a business trip in Glasgow. The hotel was recommended by a work colleague as it was the nearest to the venue for my meetings. What a happy result!

This is easily the nicest hotel I have stayed in in Glasgow, and it has some very good competition! The rooms are gorgeous, the bathrooms are sumptuous, beds 'oh so comfy', the service is second to none and I thoroughly enjoyed my full Scottish Breakfast!

Highly recommended, and definitely my first choice whenever I find myself in Glasgow.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
lancashire
Reviewed November 2, 2010

From the first day(with the fire brigade in attendance- handled smoothly) to check out what an experience, attention to detail was excellent well done keep doing it, will be back!! Very soon we hope

• Stayed November 2010
Derry
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Arrived at the hotel a couple of hours before check in opened, had telephoned before arrival to ask if they possibly they could check us in early, they obligied. When we arrived we were welcomed by Wendy who took our luggage straight to our room while we checked in. Check in was quick and the staff where very friendly. On arrival to our room Wendy gave us an orientation, don't think we took it all in as we where in awe of how gorgeous the room was. The bed was huge and so comfortable and as for the bathroom it was gorgeous all marble. Breakfast was amazing we ate down in the restaurant the first morning only thing was it got very busy and while we where at the self serving table they gave our table away but they seated us at another table straight away. Service was slow but this was expected with breakfast but i got my breakfast at least 5 minutes before my boyfriend due to an error by the serving staff but it didn't faze us. Next morning we had breakfast delievered to the room due to an early flight and it also was gorgeous. The hotel where very accomadating and helpful booking us taxis when requested and I broke a glass in the room and they sent housekeeping straight away to hoover it up.
All in all we loved the hotel and we are already planning our return visit in January.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel and as other reviewers have said the building is magnificent. They have done the old RAC club proud with their refurbishment.
The spa is marvellous and the manager Leon could not be more helpful.
The deluxe rooms are splendid and the bathrooms luxurious.
The problems we encountered with this hotel centred around the dining room and bar. We were disappointed to be charged for bar snacks with our drinks. We had to wait a long time for our drinks to arrive also. The dining room although luxurious is more bistro than fine dining. The menu looks great but the food disappoints. We had to return one main course. We had to keep asking for water and frequently were left for long periods.
As other reviewers have said. Stay here but visit some of Glasgow's finer restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I booked a twin room at the Blythswood as I was going to be sharing with a friend. Taken to first room on ground floor and it was a double. They apologized and ask me to wait while they found another room. Was then taken up to top floor, shown into another room - again a double. 'don't worry, a house maid will be along to change the beds into twin' so I began to unpack and use the bathroom. Ten mins later a phone call - 'sorry, those beds don't go into twin so we'll take you back to original room'. By this time I am rather annoyed having had a long haul flight and already unpacked so said I would sit in the bar and when they have found me a twin room they can come and get me. 20mins go by and I am taken into original ground floor room where beds are now made up into two singles but side by side, sharing the same double head board. I like my friend but don't want to be that close so I moved the bed over a few feet which blocked access to the light switch. It appears that this hotel does not have a normal twin room. Hotel apologized for the trouble and gave me a bottle of wine. Other complaints - only one bathrobe in the two rooms I was in, no one at the door when I arrived so I had to carry a heavy case up the outside stairs and you can only use the leisure facilities between 7-9pm at night and 7-9am unless you pay £20 or have a beauty treatment.
Probably won't be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stayed in the Blythswood Square hotel whilst on business. It was pouring when I arrived and I was feeling less than fantastic but the staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble.

I would reccomend the hotel, the area's not the prettiest but the hotel makes up for it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business