“First class Hotel.”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have stayed in the Blythswood Hotel many times and am in awe of the above first class service myself and my friends have received. From walking through the front door until departure you are made to feel important and nothing is too much for the amazing staff.The spa is Fab and the rooms especially the beds please book this hotel and treat yourself.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank heather h
Write a ReviewReviews (2,766)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed for one night over Easter weekend. We had a huge ground floor room, lovely big bed with crisp white linens. All the upholstered furniture was Harris Tweed and very tasteful. The all marble bathroom had a big bath with sliding walls through to the bedroom, great to watch the TV!

There was a short wait for a table at breakfast as it was so busy but were given fresh juice a pastries whilst we waited. Breakfast was a delicious selection of cereals, fruit, cold meats, cheese, breads, fresh juice & that was not including the cooked breakfast!

We look forward to returning to the Blythswood when we are next in Glasgow.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We (husband, two small children and I) stayed for one night as we were attending a wedding there. I left wishing we could have stayed longer. Our room (a deluxe on the third floor) was large, quiet and comfortable and the service was outstanding in terms of both efficiency and friendliness. The attractive and modern bathroom was well-equipped with an abundance of towels (not having enough towels is a pet hate of mine) and high quality toilettries. We had arranged to use a travel cot for our baby and camp bed for our son, both of which had been assembled and made up prior to our arrival. We were able to check into our room when we arrived just before midday - far earlier than the advertised check-in time, which with two little ones was a huge bonus. Our stay was over Easter and when we came back to the room to put the children to bed in the evening, an Easter egg had been placed by our son's bed, along with a glass of milk. This was a much appreciated little touch. We ate three meals in the hotel and all were delicious. The valet parking was pricey but a useful and efficient service and I would pay to use it if staying there again. All in all, it was amongst the most expensive places I have stayed, but it was worth it for the lovely experience.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This review is for the Spa at Blythswood Square as we did not stay in the hotel. My Mother, Sister and I decided to treat ourselves to a facial and I have to say we were all very taken with the Spa. It had a really relaxed and pleasant environment, the staff were very attentive and treated us as if we were the only customers. Lindsay my consultant was just amazing - she was very attentive, she listened to what I was saying, she recommended a particular facial for my type of skin which was just fabulous and also give me some very good advice on how to look after my skin. There was no sales pitch at all, however I was so impressed with the results of my facial I bought some of the products used (they have really helped my skin!!). Overall I would recommend this Spa - a little oasis in the middle of a busy city. The next time I go I will book a whole afternoon of luxury a great place to go with friends.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We (2 adults 1 Child 1 Infant) recently for a wedding, which was being held on the premises, and the hotel, staff and service simply could not be bettered. From arrival to checkout the entire exercise was slickly professional, but also warm and friendly. We have been fortunate enough to in some fine hotels over the last couple of years, and it has to be said that when you arrive with the family in tow, you do not always arrive to open arms. (Notwithstanding the fact that most hotels take the fact that you have brought your children with you as a licence to extract money at every available opportunity). Nothing could be further from the truth here, where considerable trouble (and thought) had been put in to making us feel welcome. The staff were highly attentive (you never had to ask for anything more than once, but this never "tipped over" it to them being obsequious- which many high end hotels (when they are not being rude) mistake for customer service. Could not recommend highly enough. First rate.

Room Tip: We had a family room on the ground floor (101) and the disco from the wedding below was very loud. A...
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Spent three nights here and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is comfortable, stylish and great value. Rooms are perfect - spotless and well appointed. The Salon bar is an excellent place to relax with an afternoon tea or a pre/post dinner drink with a fine selection of drinks at good prices. The restaurant is in the old ballroom and is very comfortable for both breakfast and dinner. Every member of staff was polite, helpful and friendly without being either too 'stuffy' or gushing. The Spa is fabulous with excellent treatments and well worth taking advantage of. The perfect base from which to explore Glasgow.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor with windows into the central courtyard space. This made for a lovely...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

One night spa stay was great. Service was 5 star.

Rooms and spa are flawless. Treatments were very relaxing and spa was lovely and quiet.

Breakfast was fantastic.
Location was perfect - right in city centre but once inside a relaxing atmosphere where you would never know you were in the city. Perfect combination.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple