“A little bit of heaven 😊”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Every year at this time my husband & I stay in the hotel & use the spa facilities. It's a break away for the everyday chores & time to spend together. From checking in the staff couldn't have been anymore helpful. The waiters & bar staff are very pleasant & can't do enough for you. One bar staff member Aidan will be missed after 4 years.

• Stayed: January 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (2,800)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had originally booked in another hotel but for our New Year break to Glasgow but changed because this had a Spa - We were there 6 nights and had to change rooms 3 times because of the noise and problems in our bathroom, 1st night we were locked out of our room because they were having problems with electronic keys, couldn't even get in with a hard key, we were told to wait in reception whilst they tried to get the maintenance people in, after travelling for 7hrs from Spain, not something we wanted to hear, just wanted to get some rest - after being ignored for 15 minutes the Night duty manager came along with a master key and after saying we had been just swept aside not even offered a drink she then said they would bring us up a large drink to our room which when it appeared was two SMALL Baileys - our 1st room was on a main road so no sleep. We complained in the morning and they were good about moving us but only to put us in a room overlooking the kitchens and two big fans (you think as we were staying 6 nights and we had complained about the noise and being locked out of our room - as we couldn't get in in the morning also they would have put us in a quite room), anyway, not wanting to complain about this as it was New Years Eve we thought we would put up with it until the next night when there was a constant flushing in the pipes of the bathroom so we asked for a maintenance person to fix this - they then up-graded us to a Deluxe room which was very nice and over looked the square, but too little too late as we had had enough by then. The breakfast was very good but the food in the evening was overpriced and under flavoured.
The Spa receptionists looked like they should be working in a night club not a Spa and were so un-helpful we had to ask where the towels were and about the lockers no one showed us around so we spent a good 15-20 mins looking round to see where everything was - our treatments started late and finished early. I had a facial and on returning to our room no.2 in the lift I noticed that I still had face pack around my hair line and at the side of my nose and eye socket - probably because it was so dark in the treatment room, nice and relaxing but she obviously couldn't see what she was doing, also had a back massage and she asked about pressure to apply so I asked her to make it very strong as I have a frozen shoulder - don't think she heard me!! for what they charge for this Spa it is ridiculously over priced and I have been in many Spas in my years. Aesthetically the hotel is beautiful but I'm afraid most of the staff need more training in customer service. Very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Well we had 3 rooms and all noisy but best of a bad bunch room 324
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Janice D
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Ive reviewed this hotel before but I thought I would post again as I cannot praise the hotel and staff enough. We have our arrival planned well. We always arrive at lunchtime and get checked in. The room is normally just being prepared but that gives us a leisurely spell to go up to the cocktail bar order some food and sit and chat to the bar staff. Its always great to watch the cocktail staff prepare their cocktails. Once fed and watered we get shown our room. On all 5 visits the rooms have been superb. From the new rooms at the back to the renovated rooms overlooking the square they have all been great. Everyone has character have been designed to give you a relaxing stay.
SUPERB HOTEL AND STAFF. best hotel in Glasgow in my opinion.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here for one night and absolutely loved it from start to finish!
The room we had was really lovely and very comfortable, as was the bed. The bathroom was great also, with a good powerful shower and it also had a bath. The finish in both rooms was to a very high standard and did feel luxurious!
The little extras like the bathrobes and slippers added a nice touch and my friend and i loved lounging about in them.
We also used the spa which was amazing and i would definently recommed guests at the hotel use it - it was so relaxing and calming we could have spent all night in there.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was really outstanding... from the way it was presented to the taste.... no complaints at all.
The breakfast the next morning was also brilliant, with a huge choice to pick from. There was even a bottle of vodka on the table to make bloody marys with for those with a hangover... i wasnt brave enough to try it but my friend did and she was very happy with it!
Overall it was just a great experience... the staff were very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was so relaxed and we never felt rushed at all by the staff.
I would definently reccomend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed for one night as a special birthday treat for my friend. From start to finish our stay was exceptional. Complimentary upgrade (!) to a suite which was fabulous, huge, more than we needed but what a treat for us! Had planned to head out for food and drinks but so pleased with the hotel environment we never moved til checkout the next day! Cocktails were delicious and sooo many to choose from. Dinner was good value and again, delicious. The Spa is calm and relaxing. The whole experience at The Blytheswood for us was memorable but it is the staff and their impeccable customer service (the best I have encountered) and attention to detail that makes us both sure we will return again and again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have stayed here a few times and will keep coming back, it just has everything you could want in a five star hotel - to name the best bits: amazing spa, cocktail bar and friendly, helpful staff, all in the centre of glasgow! You would pay at least double the price for similar in Edinburgh! Perfect for girly weekend or romantic break. You can even get a bloody mary at the breakfast buffet if you have overindulged in the cocktails the night before!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had an absolutely fabulous time in the Blythswood in October 2013. We went to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and it was fantastic from start to finish. The food was amazing, as were the cocktails! The breakfast menu had great variety and there was plenty to choose from. The staff were all very friendly and the service overall was excellent. We stayed in one of the suites which was outstanding. Plenty of room, with an extremely comfy bed, the bathroom was also huge! We had spa treatments too which were excellent and the spa itself was beautiful. It is the nicest hotel I've had the pleasure of staying in and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple