Blythswood Square
  • Pool
Newton Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Breakfast included
2,869 results
All reviewsthermal experiencemarble bathroomharris tweedmarket menucocktail barspa facilitiesbeautiful hoteldeluxe roomfive star hotelhotel guestsbirthday treatfull scottish breakfastporridgefollowing morningcooked breakfastan overnight staycity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A fantastic experience - a wonderful warm and relaxing atmosphere. The staff are superb - extremely helpful and efficient. A good central location from which to explore Glasglow. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Double deluxe is superb...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic time at the spa in the blysthwood hotel. Beautiful setting, the dark ambient lighting really helps to relax you. It had a great variety of saunas, jet pools and steam room. Loved the luxurious feel to the whole experience, with the dressing rooms, slippers and robes. We were lucky enough to get a discounted rate but I will definitely be back and would pay full price for facility. Best spa I'be ever been too. Complete luxury!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Rooms are a modern haven inside a beautiful historic building. Very plush with everything you would expect from a 5 star property. My wife loved the black marble in the bathroom and the hand written welcome message was a brilliant touch.

The breakfast was of very high quality and the staff extremely professional. I did not get the newspaper that I ordered, but that is the only niggle with our stay at this great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went to the cocktail lounge at the Blythswood Hotel on Saturday night for a treat for my boyfriends birthday. Walked into the hotel lobby, we could already hear the loud music from upstairs, not very classy in a 5* hotel. We went upstairs where we were met by a chap who we christened the funeral director he looked so miserable the whole time we were there. He asked us if we were there for drinks and silently lead us to a settee next to the window before slinking away. We sat down but soon moved as there was a viciously cold draft. A really nice waiter gave us a menu - the writing on it was so tiny we could hardly read it in the stygian gloom. I asked if there were any vodka cocktails - the waiter said they were on the other menu. He didn't offer to get the mystery menu but did ask if I would like them to make me one. I said yes and also asked if he could draw the curtain as it was so cold. He said he would but we had to wait 5 minutes at least for our funereal friend to come and do it. All this to a background of some of the worst music I have ever heard in a bar, played far too loud. It was like a dodgy film set from the 70s.Considering this is supposed to be a pretty special place we were left deeply unimpressed by the service and atmosphere.Thank God the cocktails were delicious.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As we have stayed in the hotel on 2 previous ocassions, we knew our family would love it so booked a night as a Christmas present for our daughter and husband and my sister and husband. Again, not disappointed, rooms were superb and staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a treat with plenty to choose from, wonderful food. We will return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family