“Very good service & best spa I've visited”
Review of Blythswood Square

Blythswood Square
Ranked #13 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Scotland
“Very good service & best spa I've visited”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is well located and easy to find. On arrival & throughout the reception staff very helpful & friendly & the concierge service was efficient.
The best part of our stay was using the spa, the thermal suite is most definitely worth a visit, we could have spent all day there.
Only bad points; room was lacking light, the sky light blind was faulty, the light switches were tricky to use & when you turned one tv off the other tv came on! Minor issues in the grand scheme of things.
We had a lovely weekend stay and would definitely return in the future (mainly to use the spa!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband & I had a great overnight stay here - a smashing treat from daughter! What a pleasure, staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was beautiful, luxurious & spacious. The bathroom was huge and well appointed for wheelchair user. We had a lovely dinner in hotel and breakfast following morning didn't disappoint. A great treat - so let's hope it's repeated!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner recently stayed here for my birthday, we got the Sunday saver deal which was amazing value for money.
The room was lovely; great decor, comfortable and stylish. The bed was so comfy I found it hard to get up in the morning!
I loved the layout of the room, you could slide a window across to make the bedroom and bathroom open plan or slide it back to separate them again. I've noticed that other guests have mentioned how dark the rooms are, ours was admittedly quite dark even with the curtains open and lights on but this didn't bother us.
The only issue was that there weren't any robes in the room for us, this is the first five star hotel I've been to where this hasn't been the case. It wasn't a big issue though it would have been nice to have these to go down to the spa in.

The restaurant had a really nice atmosphere. I had the tomato and chilli soup which was lovely, my dessert ( the dark chocolate mousse) was also amazing. However, the chips with my steak frites were soggy, undercooked and basically inedible. I didn't complain as I didn't particularly want them anyway ( our first choice of dish- the beef as vegetable dish- had ran out). If I had done I'm sure the staff would have sorted it out quickly, the couple next to us requested a soup dish which wasnt on the menu, this was then made up for them by the chef.
Breakfast the next morning was nice and there was lots of options to choose from.

The spa was great, despite there being a lot of guests in there it was still surprisingly peaceful and relaxing. I didn't get to try out all aspects of the thermal experience as I'm nearly 8 months pregnant but the parts I could try were good.

If I was to come to Glasgow again I'd definitley stay here again and I think the spa would be a great place to visit for the day with friends.

• Stayed September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon for a treat - we were not disappointed! The staff were very attentive and our deluxe room was excellent - also with a complimentary bottle of wine waiting for us to help us celebrate! We had cocktails in the bar - which was very nice, didn't eat here on this occasion but the food was excellent last time we did. We paid the extra to get full access to the spa, and it is well worth the money!! Breakfast the following morning was good but try to get down early to avoid the queues around 10am. Overall we had an amazing stay and can't wait until the next time we have reason to treat ourselves!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are amazing
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Returned home yesterday after a one night visit to the hotel. We arrived early Saturday morning and dropped our bags off with the hotel staff, we were asked if we wanted turn down service at night or if we wanted to make any reservations in the hotel restaurant. We then spent the day in Glasgow as it was our first visit we paid £16 each for the tour bus and entry into the science museum well worth the money for Both the bus and science museum. It's worth checking out the transport museum aswell it's free and really interesting. We returned to the hotel at three after the hotel phoned to say our room was ready. We decided to go to the spa and I'm glad we did it was pure bliss and nice to spend time together. Wasn't over crowded at all! We had pre dinner drinks in the hotel bar which was a nice experience and then got a taxi to Amarone it's not far and we could of walked but we were just being lazy. The food was lovely and I highly recommend it. We then returned back to the hotel bar for more drinks before going to bed. The rooms are lovely, clean, modern and just what we required. The following morning I had a nice bath before breakfast the bathrooms are lovely! Breakfast was nice in the restaurant you could order from a menu or have continental. My advice make sure you book bed and breakfast. We stored our bags for another day of sight seeing. Thankyou what a great relaxing time!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Staying at the hotel at the moment, lovely rooms, staff and food. Enjoyed the beautiful spa on the our arrival day, with unlimited use. Asked the staff at reception if we could do the same on our departure day and was told yes. On going to use it we were advised this was not the case and infact had missed out on the guest allocated time slot which is between 7 -9am. Poor show for what was a lovely break...left unhappy!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank G1969S
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

so i recently took my fiance to this hotel for her 25th birthday and to start i must say whata stunning well kept hotel, the staff front of house staff were very attentive and organised the things i had asked them to in the room for us going up very well. now the room. was beautiful tastefully done and the marble wash room with the wooden shutters was stunning couldnt fault anything. the food on the other hand for a hotel that has so much great qualitys was a bit of a let down i had a mussel chowder to start which was lovely a bit salty but the flavours worked well but the main course me and my partner both had steak from the josper grill which came with salad and chips as standard in myopinion putting all the garnish in seperate dishes caused far to much clutter on the table and the salad was old, over dressed and just looked awful. my steak was beautifully cooked and very tasty although the bernaise sauce was a let down again thats just my personal taste. my partner had rib-eye ordered rare came out medium well but the staff got it sorted very quickly although for the size of the restaurant there wasnt enough floor staff in my opinion. after we went up to the cocktail bar which was stunning and can say nomore the staff behind the bar were great in finding out what we liked to drink and suggesting some great rums :). breakfast was included in the package.. gladly becauseif i was asked to pay £17 for what we got on the plate i wouldve got up and left and the toast was cold but all in all great experience and i will definetaly be back!

Room Tip: we stayed in room 365 fantastic room as im sure are the rest
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple