“Hen nite gone bad!”

Ranked #655 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Based in a fully converted town house on Glasgow's Bath Street Hummingbird hosts a restaurant & cocktail bar with private rooms & function spaces over 4 floors which are available for all type of occasion from celebrations to conferences, pop-ups to parties. We have a selection of rooms and areas available to hire accommodating all ranges of group sizes. We can provide catering from our authentic Pan-Asian inspired menu, cooked fresh in our kitchen by the incredible Noi & her team. From nibbles to banquets let us know what you have in mind & we'll be happy to arrange something to suit your parties' needs.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Before we visited this venue I read all the reviews and they were mixed views.... However I don't think I will return. We booked the venue for the cocktail master class. The staff were very nice and things started great and we all loved doing the cocktail class and create our own drinks. We got transferred to a private room with karaoke and we all started to enjoy each others company and have a ball. It started to go sour after dinner when the staff refused to serve us drinks. We were asked to calm the party down as we were being watched on the cameras and we were apparently too drunk! Lies....... This was a hen night and as such we were all out for a laugh. I would certainly not return as the staff were gutless and rude to be honest. The only good part of this venue is the karaoke......... Very disappointed

1  Thank Caramac1979
Humming B, General Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Hi Cara,

I would like to take this time to thank you for writing this review. Hummingbird likes to welcome all positive and negative feedback.

Firstly i would like to say i'm very happy that you enjoyed your cocktail masterclass and i am glad that the staff had delivered great service at this time. We like to pride ourselves on our service and also our cocktails so this is positive feedback.

However i would like to take this time to apologise on the second half of your night and the service you received. It is never our intention for any of our customers to feel uncomfortable and we like to think that we allow all our customers to enjoy the experience as much as possible. I will definitely be reviewing with all the staff and management about how they deal with situations and to ensure that all our parties have a fabulous time and feel relaxed and enjoy their night.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, as i said before we welcome all positive and negative feedback and strive deliver excellent service.

HB GM

There are newer reviews for Hummingbird

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We are big fans of Hummingbird! We have hired their penthouse several times for photoshoots and they are always welcoming and friendly! We have also eaten several times and the burgers are awesome! Plus theirs always good offers on like twofor 1! The atmospheres great, its quirky and cute! Def a nice place to go for lunch if your in the city centre!

1  Thank Hannahb11

Hi Hannah,

I am so glad that you are fans of Hummingbird and that you have enjoyed your meals here. Your custom is very appreciated and more so your fantastic feedback.

We also love your description or it being quirky and cute - we aim to please :)

The penthouse is always available to use for future photoshoots and any other events that you may think of.

Thanks again for your review hope to see you soon

HB GM

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went to Hummingbird for xmas dinner. Found staff to be rude, found atmosphere to be poor. Table layouts were more like being in a prison, all bunched up. No xmas music, promised a dj whom never appeared and drinks were totally overpriced.

Our beer was flat and sent it back a few times only to be given attitude. Food was bland with no sauces unless requested.

Can only say keep clear unless you have.a good bank balance.

3  Thank Daniel C
Humming B, General Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Daniel

Thanks or taking the time to review our venue and your exprerience.

Unfortunately you have not had the experience that you were expecting from Hummingbird and for that we can only apologise.

You will appreciate that Christmas is a very busy time of year for us and trying to cater for every customer's needs is even more difficult.

We will be certainly taking your feed-backand relaying it to every member of staff in a bid to ensure we give our customers the experience they expect every time.

Your comments are invaluable to us and we would be much appreciated if you could contact the venue directly to discuss the issues raised in further detail.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Had a great meal and karaoke experience in the "posh" room for our Xmas lunch. Think we may have overstayed our welcome lol.
Staff were excellent and even reserved seating for us when we moved down to the bar area.

Humming B, Manager at Hummingbird, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Hi ashys82

Thank you for your kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to HUmmingbird. I can assure you, neither you or your party outstayed their welcome and you were a joy to serve.

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Thanks

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently visited Hummingbird Bar and as it was a weekday, I was recommended to order a drink with hummingbird mark on it (Half price drinks). So going through the menu, I ordered a Hummingbird Martini. Not a bad drink - quite fruity and refreshing. I have been to Hummingbird before and have ordered a Margarita (a taller guy made it which was one of the best Margaritas I have had before, it was even garnished with a Carambola slice). It was very delicious and refreshing. Thinking that the same bar training is given to each bartender, I ordered a Margarita. Now, one assumes that when you order a classic Margarita - firstly it will taste fairly same (sour, salty and zesty) and secondly whatever the type of glass they use - it will come with salt on the rim so its not that sour. Even when I make at home - I make it with salt on the rim. First time ever in a bar, I was served a Margarita in a flat champagne glass without any salt on the rim or anything. As a good natured customer, I politely asked for salt and said "Um, can you please serve with a salted rim?" - The bartender (Kirsty, her name I found out later on) gave me a salt bottle and said "Um, I don't know what you mean? I have already served you in the glass - How do you expect me to put salt anywhere on the glass?" I really thought she was absolutely joking. Sadly, she wasn't. Please do give her some more training in making classic drinks as you have it on the menu and if she can only make drinks that are half price in weekdays that keep her for that purpose only. And to conclude - the drink was horrific. Also, its common curtesy to be nice to customers - unfortunately that is not a quality your bartender Kirsty has. I think you would be doing a huge favour to your customers by firing her.

1  Thank Tee T