“Very good indeed - great value”

Two Fat Ladies City Centre
Ranked #71 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I visited this retaurant mid week and had the pre-theatre menu (3 courses for £18.00). I felt the choice was good and the portions generous. Very good quality food for the price - and the service was great too. Would recommend.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Had dinner here with my partner on August 17th 2010. I had Cullen Skink to start and it was nothing like this fantastic, simple Scottish dish is supposed to be. It was as if they had ran out of the dish and just knocked up something very quickly - a watery/cream volute with traces of smoked haddock & potato there was no body to the soup at all. We both had the Two Fat Ladies fish platter as a main course and it was ordinary - just ok. The service also left a lot to be desired.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

After much deliberation I chose this restaurant for my birthday lunch (child free for the day!) I wanted a cosy restaurant, with great food centrally based which wasn't up its own backside.
Flirted with trying out Guys (large menu put me off), Jamies Italian (large number of covers) or Michael Caines (may have been a bit pricey, the good lady was paying!) So settled on Fats.

We had a great, leisurely lunch time meal, I had the King Prawns and Scallops as a main and my wife had Scallops and Halibut.

The Scallops were tremendous, every mouthful was savoured and we were both quite upset when we finished them.

The King Prawns were good I wasn't blown away the sauce was perhaps too subtle for my uncultured pallet, but still enjoyed them. The good lady loved her halibut, I sneaked a taste and she was right to!

Polished off with a trio of Creme Brulees.....yes as good as it sounds.

A bottle of muscadet and mineral water completed our orders with the tab coming to £81.00

The restaurant was full by 1pm and the two waiting staff coped very well with a few tables arriving at once, they were both very personable and we enjoyed their service.

There are a couple of booths which I would reserve if you get the chance as at one side of the restaurant the tables are lined up quite close to each other.

A great lunch and we left merry, happy and satisfied...job done.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

We ate at the Blythswood Street venue. The venue was small and intimate, so I would strongly recommend that you book ahead. We only managed to get a booking for the pre theatre menu and had to be out by 8 PM. This negative actualy worked for us as the choices were expansive and the quality of food consistently good. The seafood dishes were particulary good.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

we went here on the recommendation of some diners at the next table at mussel inn. what a wonderful surprise. a little upscale but worth it. quite noisy, i must say but excellent food! the dessert - sticky pudding - was worth the entire cost of the meal!