“Consistently Excellent !”

North Star
Ranked #326 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: North star is a little cafe bistro, we offer you a good selection of breakfast lunch, sandwiches,panini and also special dishes every day. We are making everything fresh by order ,we also have a good selection of home made cakes and scones. North star is the perfect place to have your breakfast,lunch or coffee break!!!!
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Often come here and can't say just how high I rate it. If your looking for a cafe in the West End its worth making that extra 5 minute walk along Queen Margaret Drive to get to this gem. I should know I've been to most of the cafe near Byers Road!

Personally I make it a point of going for their special of the day , the food is top quality and professionally made - so its got that home made feel to it but also delivers time and again. At peak times it can get busy but thats the only downfall. Great people too!

1  Thank DouglasPeacock

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited here at weekend.coffee very good and food fresh.had Mediterranean salad which was prepared well and used good ingredients.enjoyed thoroughly.only small issue was there appeared to be no bathrooms....will visit again

2  Thank Mrcpych
Maurizio R, Owner at North Star, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hello,
Thank you very much for writing a review for us!
Just to let you know, we do have a toilet ( hidden) please next time if you like to come and visit us ask one of the member of the staff to take you there.

We hope to see you again!

Maurizio

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My sister and i visited the North Star cafe for the first time for breakfast and I am soooo glad we did! We were welcomed with big smiles from the loveky staff and took a seat by the window. We both went for the french toast with maple syrup as it had been recommended ny a friend. I did wonder if it would be enough to fill me up for a busy day at work...well..... The biggest plates of beautiful french toast (gluten free for me) arrived- 4 massive bits of bread with lots of maple syrup and a big pot of tea to go with! The food was tremendous as were the friendly staff. I love the atmosphere of the cafe as it is very homely feeling with lots of regular customers dropping in.
It is so refreshing to find a small business that cater for gluten and wheat free customers, it seems to be that everything they do comes in gluten free aswell. I cant wait to return to try some of the amazing looking gluten free cakes.

Keep up the good work North Star! See you again soon

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I like North Star in generally, because the food is very tasty and you always have healthy choices even from the Specials of the day. The staff is very friendly, they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
But now I am writing because of a new experience: the other day I tried Maurizio's focaccia, which is just amazing, the best focaccia I have ever tasted! And I am a big fan of italian cousine. It is not on the menu, so you have to pre order, but it is worth to do so, because it is probably the best one in Scotland.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have found my favourite coffee in North Star, and I simply just love the place!The lovely couple, Ester and Maurizio are doing very good job to feel yourself relaxed and comfortable while you take a coffee and eat something from the fantastic menu.
They have real quality food on the menu (often from Italy) + magic what Maurizio/Massimo, the chefs do in the kitchen + very friendly staff, which all in all means happy and delighted guests, like me... :-)))
The place is close to Byres Road and the Botanic Gardens at Queen Margaret Drive.