“What is it you are looking for?”
Review of Crookston Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
Crookston Hotel
Ranked #22 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was visiting Glasgow for a business visit to a local Hospital and chose this hotel for its location more than anything else. When I arrived I was made very welcome and shown to a small ensuite room upstairs in what appeared to be a segregated area of single rooms. My only caveat at that stage was the strong smell of tobacco smoke in that segregated section which as a reformed smoker of nearly 20 years I cannot say I liked much. However, all else was fine and whilst not perhaps to top hotel standards it was all clean and serviceable. In fact it sounds like I may have stayed in the same room as stupark but clearly with a very different experience. I slept very well and for breakfast I had the best poached eggs I have ever had in a Hotel and the service was good and friendly. I also spoke with another resident at breakfast who told me he had stayed for several weeks as he was working locally at one of the hospitals and he was delighted with his stay and could not speak highly enough of his welcome from the local people in the Bar and the staff at the Hotel. This is a clean and friendly local budget hotel and is very reasonable in terms of cost, I will happily stay here again and recommend it to others. If you want a modern soulless experience then this is not for you but if you want to meet the kind, funny and generous people of Glasgow then it most certainly is.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker say so and get a room away from the 'segregated' rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paulje47

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just wanted to say on here how nice our recent stay at the crookston hotel was . Rooms were basic but clean , a party going on in the bar when leaving they was a little noisy which was quickly controlled by the friendly staff . The breakfast again was served by friendly staff, with a good choice. Well worth the money .

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank kered3
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a basic but very friendly place and I'm surprised by the poor comments. I have been at several functions and never encountered any problems. Family and friends have also stayed overnight and were more than satisfied . The bar meals and food at the functions is very good. Yes it does have a late licence at weekends, so, if staying, ask for a room at the back. The lounge is nicely furnished and has a very well stocked bar. Friendly staff.
The hotel has a regular clientel of workmen etc staying during week days and I'm sure they wouldnt return if there were any major problems. For a while until recently the lounge bar had a resident Ghost....true, I'm told, and was even reported in Daily newspapers. So, yes it does serve spirits

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Mabozaritchie
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I usually laugh at folks moans on review sites, but i feel compelled to wright a review about the Crookston hotel, such was my horror and disgust!!
I booked this hotel for its convenient location, as my wife was having surgery at the nearby Ross Hall hospital.
On arrival, at the unmanned reception I rang the bell as the sign said, only to wait ages for someone to walk past and notice we were waiting. I explained to the lady that I'd booked a room. She walked off without even a smile or a welcome through to the bar to check my reservation, and returned, again with her smile missing, to show me my room. Walking up the stairs, she briefly pointed to a room and mumbled something about breakfast. She showed me to my room, which was still in the process of being cleaned at 14:00. Still no smile.
The ensuite room was tiny, just managing to contain a single bed, wardrobe table and chair with a tv on the wall. The room was cold, damp, and not the cleanest place I've been and the bedding had a slightly stale and not quite clean smell and feel to it.
I went to bed at 11:30 and there was still a fair bit of noise from the bar downstairs. I thought that was fair enough as folk were there to enjoy themselves. I managed a 5 minute doze before the music appeared to be turned up and the crowd noise seemed to increase! 01:30 and the noise JUST stopped in the hotel.... Only to move outside to the car park where the crowd had moved to wait for taxis. Shouting and car doors slamming eventually stopped around 02:30. By this time, I was too irate to get much sleep!
The shower was just a warm trickle of water dribbling from the wall and had a collapsing door. The floor had three different types of vinyl patched together. At least I was clean for a short while, but as I dried myself, I noticed that the towels had the same unclean smell on them as the bedding and I instantly felt grubby again.
I checked out early, refusing to stay for breakfast and for the 4 nights I'd booked and found somewhere else to stay. The same non smiling lady refused to believe that there was noise at that time, saying that she cleared up the place at 01:00. This was until I told her that I had video'd the rabble outside after 2:15 and had time stamped the video. She then said that she was sorry I hadn't enjoyed my stay and told me they have functions on most Friday and Saturday nights.
I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone and can hand on heart say that I had much more comfortable accommodation while wild camping along the west highland way last year!!
DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!

• Stayed: December 2011
7  Thank Stupark
Reviewed August 28, 2012

40th birthday party.
staff very friendly and attentive.
food was excellent.
let us in early in the day to prepare , Brenda the manager was so nice and helpful from the booking to the night.Disabled access was right at the door and everyone was well catered for.Bubbly was tasty.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and am surprised at the bad reviews recently put on this site. I appreciate that this is not the fanciest hotel in the world but I believe it is good value for money and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. I have attended a few functions at the hotel and have been very impressed with the quality of food and service. I will be staying again if I attend any other functions as the hotel gives a 20% discount.

The room was not modern but was spotlessly clean and comfortable.

I am very surprised at one persons comments on the service they received at a 21st as we did not encounter any problems and had a fabulous night.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Visiting a patient in Ross Hall Hospital without car transport, this hotel is conveniently located. A five minute walk. However, that is about the only plus. For £29.95 for a single room without en suite you are probably getting just about what you are paying for. The breakfast was OK. Room was OK with TV but bed was very uncomfortable and did not feel clean.
It has a bar and so if you want a few drinks, fairly friendly staff and you are not too particular about cleanliness, this could suit, otherwise not.
There are at least 2 B&B nearby if you have transport with much higher specification with en suite and really good breakfast and about same price but they were full.
Overall, I could not say value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo