“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: 5 minutes walk from both Queen Street and Central Railway stations.
Description: Relaxed and informal bar and pizzeria. Specialising in thin and crispy stone baked pizza, Italian tapas and expertly mixed cocktails. The menu also includes delicious pasta and fresh seafood specials. Live music everty Friday & Saturday night from 9.30pm
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This little gem is hidden from the main streets but once found you will always return. It offers a great value lunch and pre- theatre menu and if there were any complaints on this it would possibly be to offer another option other than pastas and pizzas although these are great. They always offer great specials of the day and not forgetting the cocktails either. There has been the odd time when my family and I have visited and they have run out of something but in fairness they have been very busy so maybe we just need to get there quicker and a busy restaurant speaks volumes. The staff are a credit to the restaurant also. Danny and the team never find anything or any request to be a problem especially when I have a fussy 12year old. I would recommend this to anyone but book ahead for the evenings if you don't want to be disappointed - it's that good.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Glasgowdiner007, Manager at SoHo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

Hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

SoHo was recommended to me by a friend when I was trying to decide on a restaurant in Glasgow for my birthday dinner with my boyfriend and family (Piccolo Mondo was my first option but was unfortunately closed that evening!) When I looked at the online menu I thought that it looked like a nice and sophisticated enough place for a celebratory meal.

When we arrived, the place was very quiet. The atmosphere was dark and dingy and our table had not been set even though we phoned ahead. When my mum politely requested a glass of ice for her wine, the waiter replied with 'naw'. I do assume that he meant it as banter, but it actually just sounded quite cheeky and not the reply that I would expect from someone I do not know, as a paying customer. The waiter continued to hover around our table making pretty crap jokes and being generally quite sarcastic as he took our order.

As for the food, the 'cheese fondue' was really just a bowl of stodge with slightly stale bread and some sun dried tomatos. The pizzas were quite nice, and the mushroom pasta was ok too. That's about all I can say on the food, It did not blow me away.

SoHo is somewhere you would perhaps meet a group of friends for pre-drinks and a quick bite before a night out, but certainly not for an enjoyable celebratory meal with family..and I believe that although the waiter didn't mean any harm, his attitude reflected this fact.

If I could have another choice I would go somewhere else in Glasgow like the Italian Kitchen or La Lanterna. I highly doubt I will be in a rush to SoHo pizzeria.

Thank you for leaving your review. While we don't claim to be a formal restaurant, we still pride ourselves on our rustic Italian food and friendly efficient service. There is really no excuse for your table not being set or your food being sub-standard.

I will speak to your waiter regarding his attempts at 'banter' which clearly fell flat with your guests. I am sure he meant well but if your guests weren't amused then I am very sorry as we really should have made efforts to provide a more discreet, professional service for what was clearly a special occasion.

While I realise you did not enjoy your visit this time, I hope you would return to us on a busy night when I am sure you would be able to enjoy I am sure that it's why your friend recommended us in the first place.

Best regards,

Michael
SoHo

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Really good value lunch menu cheerful and prompt service. Husband raves about the house merlot.well worth a visit.

Thank you for leaving your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit at lunch.

See you again soon,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Me and my husband weren't hungry, but our son was and so we looked for a pizza place. The locals recommended Soho and it wasn't hard to find it. It was saturday night and it was crowded, but the staff was relaxed and kind. Because it smelled so good, we became hungry too and we ordered two pizzas: one for our son, one for us and we told the waiter to put it on two plates. We were very surprised when he brought the food, because there was half of pizza and a lot of salad on our plates and it was very good and - as we descovered when we got the bill - free. Thanks!

Hello again, We remember you- the nice family from Slovenia!

Of course we never charge for salad garnishes!! I'm really delighted you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The pre-theatre menu is great value and is available on a Friday! The food arrived quickly and tasted nice. The only problem was the knives - very difficult to cut crostini and pizza base. Sharper knives? Initially we were sitting next to a very loud table and couldn't hear each other. We asked to move and this request was accommodated without issue. The restaurant was very hot but the weather was warm outside so this was understandable.

Glasgowdiner007, Owner at SoHo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for visiting SoHo and also for leaving your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and experience. We do have sharp knives, I am sorry they they were not offered to you. We do have a lot of large parties at the weekends in SoHo, I am glad to hear your table was moved on request. Hope you will visit again soon. Kindest regards and many thanks for your custom, Michelle Mooney