“Consistently excellent, after one visit you'll be a regular!”

The Restaurant Bar and Grill - Glasgow
Ranked #95 of 2,430 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Located in the beautifully restored and sophisticated Princes Square, The Restaurant Bar and Grill in Glasgow adds to the shopping centre's position as a premier eating and drinking destination. The decor is warm, chic and sophisticated, whilst the restaurant's menu and cocktails are simply delicious. Relax and enjoy great food and service inside the restaurant, whilst watching the chefs in action at the wood stone oven and rotisserie in the open kitchen. Alternatively, choose to overlook the vibrant activity of the shopping centre from the terrace level. Open from mid-morning through to late evening, the restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy brunch, lunch or dinner. For parties looking for a more intimate dining experience, whether for a corporate or private function, a private dining area will soon be available for exclusive hire.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent, after one visit you'll be a regular!”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I am a reasonably frequent visitor to the restaurant bar + grill. It is conveniently situated right in the centre of town, in the princes square. On this occasion, I dined in the evening but I most often visit during the day for the lunch menu (2 courses for an excellent £25.)

As always, every aspect of my visit was impeccable. The food utterly delicious and the service faultless. I like to dine in the main restaurant by the big glass windows where the ambience is delightful.

My partner and I shared the mezze plate to start; falafel, hummus, feta parcels, baba ganoush, fried pumpkin... and the BEST olives I have ever eaten. My partner then had a fillet steak which he exclaimed was the finest he had eaten in Glasgow, even the best he had had in the restaurant (he always has a steak.) Being a vegetarian, I stuck to the butternut squash and parmesan tart which was cooked prefectly with a huge range of delightful flavours.

We shared the pudding plate for dessert, a mini selection of beautiful deserts... HOME MADE ice cream, creme brulee, brownies and... I can't even remember the rest! However, I do remember it being presented beautifuly. I ultimately had one too many of their MAJESTIC mai tais.
The staff are extremely knowledgable and efficent. Finally, waiting staff who take their job seriously. My partner and I are sick of sullen faced bored looking bar/waiting staff who look like they are eager for you to eat and drink up as quickly as possible so they can get home!

In essence an excellent restaurant in a great location. Would recommend for lunch or dinner. Booking on a Saturday seems to be advisable.

• Visited June 2011

Lerwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Have dined in this restaurant several times while in Glasgow city centre. The service and food is second to none. Wonderful selection on the menu and very difficult to chose. Everything we have eaten has been faultless. Well done to kitchen and front of house staff.

• Visited May 2011
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

A lovely place to eat and relax. We have eaten in the main restaurant a few times and several times in the bar. The food is excellent value, the staff friendly and efficient and we have always enjoyed eating there. If you`re shopping in Glasgow, drop in you won`t be disappointed. Great place if you just want a drink, on your own or with pals.

We love the place.

• Visited March 2011
Willaston
“Gorgeous food - shame about first impressions!”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We arrived at the restaurant as total strangers to Glasgow on a Saturday night, and we hadn't booked so weren't expecting much. However the front of House lady said she had a table for 2 for us. She led us through and left immediately, no offer to take coats, no offer of drinks (we had none) no explanation of who our waiter was, just 2 menus thrust at us before we had even sat down! We sat, and sat, and sat, for about 15 minutes, with empty glasses. No one came, and eventually my boyfriend had to ask a passing waitress who was avoiding eye contact. Fair enough the restaurant was busy, but we felt very forgotten. In the time we had been left we had decided what we wanted to order, but the drinks order was taken and before we could take a breath she ran off. So we waited another 5 minutes for the drinks, and again, no food order taken. By this time we had been there about 30 minutes with no drink! The wine, when it came, was excellent. We were offered complimentary bread, don't know if this was because it's standard or because we were obviously annoyed!! But the starters then came before we had finished. The food was excellent, can't fault it. Although the waiter thought he should tell me that the "yellow stuff on top of your pate is clarified butter", I must have looked too thick to know that?! Service after that was average, wine was topped up while before we got mains but had to do it ourselves afterwards. Although the food was yummy, don't know if the service was up to scratch especially with the fairly expensive menu. Would return in the hopes it was a one off.

“Nice meal, good serice”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Being in Prices square I didn't hold much hope for a great meal as many of the Restaurants there are overpriced chains I was pleasantly suprised. Nice wine list with staff confident enough to make suggestions and reccomendations. Had a lovely home made hummus with delicious freshly made pittas - yum! Shared the Chateaubriand with a friend, cooked to perfection. Highly reccomend if you don't mind the loud overdone WAG's that seem to love these places.

• Visited December 2010