“Cheap as chips”
Review of Sibbo's Delhi Dhabba - CLOSED

Sibbo's Delhi Dhabba
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Launched in 2004, Glasgow's Sibbo's Delhi Dhabba was born with the intention of bringing the very best of traditional homestyle Indian cuisine to Glasgow's discerning diners. Sibbo is mum in a family run restaurant and she supervises her four sons and makes sure that only the highest quality food comes out of the kitchen. From the A La Carte menu there is a vast choice of both meat based or vegetarian dishes; amongst the Chefs Speciatlities are the Chicken Tikka and Mushroom Balti or Aloo Palak Paneer - Indian cheese and potato in a coriander and spinach sauce. for those not in the mood for Indian there is a European selection including Haddock and Chips.
Glasgow, Scotland
“Cheap as chips”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Old decor but food is excellent value. This place is always busy,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A disastorous Xmas eve saved by a delicious meal”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have been to this restaurant on about 4 occasions now. Our first visit was on xmas eve 2010. I was stuck in Glasgow due to work commitments, 300 miles and a ferry journey from home. Fortunately, my boyfriend came to spend the festive season with me until we could travel home on boxing day.

First of all, our pipes froze in the flat. We decided the best option would be to book into a hotel next door so we could have running water! After work on christmas eve, I retured to the flat. Both of us changed into some comfy clothes to head to the shop to buy some alochol for the night, before going to an expensive indian restaurant in the West End. Then...I locked us out. We were stranded on the street, wearing hoodies, with a carryout and some cash in our pockets. After some tears on my part, we headed to the hotel we had booked for the night. I got hold of my landlord who was on his way back to Glasgow and wouldnt be returning until about 11pm, 5 hours later. On our way to the hotel, we walked past a little restaurant hidden behind the bust shelter - Sibbos Delhi Dhabba. Once we had checked in, I had stopped crying, and we had had some Magners, we decided since we couldn't go to our original choice of restaurant (we didn't have enough cash and were dressed like scruffs), we would try and see if they would take us at the little indian restaurant we had spotted beside the hotel. And I'm so glad we did.

The service was absolutely second to none and the food was delicious. It was so cheap that feeling festive we left a large tip. I have been to Bukarah and Mother India across the road and have never returned, but have been back to Sibbo's Delhi Dhabba on many occasions. We have taken friends there too and now they are frequent attenders. it really is a hidden gem and i wish it got more recognition! My friend and I went once, and having so much leftover we took the rest to our friends one evening. The following week he made the trek from across the river to the restaurant to get a takeaway as he enjoyed it so much.

If you don't want to spend a bomb but want a really tasty meal with great service, then DEFINITELY check this place out!

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Mac2a
Glasgow
“Lovely staff and lovely home cooked food”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We visited on Saturday 22nd October after initially going to try Bukharah across the road (see my separate review). We should have come here first!

The service was great - really friendly and welcoming.

The food was delicious - very tasty, authentically home made and wasn't heavy and full of ghee. Myself and my husband had popadums, spiced onions, chicken rogan josh, south indian garlic chilli chicken, rice and a bottle of red wine. The value for money was excellent - £24 for the whole bill including the wine! The menu isn't extensive but it has everything you need and, although there was only house wine it was very nice and you have the option of BYOB where there is an off license next door.

It wasn't overly busy considering it was a Saturday night (although there were a steady stream of customers) which is a shame as this is definitely one restaurant we would go back to again. It's maybe not as aesthetically pleasing as Bukarah's across the road but sometimes you can't beat substance over style.

Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank ScottishTraveller27
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints.”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We returned to Sibbos after an absence of some months and found the same great food,
service, atmosphere and value. We started with mixed pakora and I had a chicken and ginger lime from the a la carte while my partner had a chicken bhoona from the pre theatre.
These were accompanied by rice and naan peshwari and washed down with Carlsberg.
My partner said we should`nt wait so long before returning and I agreed with her. After all , our total bill was less than £30. Sibbos may not be so well known as some Indian restaurants but is well worth checking out.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Titus_10
“I want to go again”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Very nice food presented very nicely, worth a try. Go for it