“Very nice food”

Neighborhood: City Centre
Glasgow
“Very nice food”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I am an occasional visitor of Molly's, and when I do visit, it is usually for food, although the bar does have an excellent selection of drinks and an admirable amount of whisky.

This time around I had the macaroni and cheese, and friends had an assortment of other dishes (haggis, scampi etc). The food arrived promptly and was very nice, although perhaps a little more expensive than other nearby pub grub. Having said that, you get what you pay for. The garlic bread was perfect, and everyone else had only good things to say about their food too.

The service was reasonably good although one drink was forgotten and it took a while to pay, but the staff can be forgiven as it was early evening on a Friday and the place was beginning to get quite busy.

Not sure when I'll be back next, but will definitely consider it as a place to go!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ieatyourcake

Maryport, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We went to this pub for a drink one night and also had some food, hubby had loaded chips with chilli and cheese and I had potatoe skins with cheese and bacon both were nice. So the next night we went again to watch the Liverpool v Everton game, again we had food I had chicken burger which had salad with it and came with chips , hubby had scampi and chips and mushy peas, both again was very nice. Nice pub with nice bar staff and reasonably priced. Will visit again if in Glasgow .

Visited January 2014
Letterkenny, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,051 helpful votes
“You can take the Paddy out of Ireland, but....”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

On the bus into Glasgow, we passed Molly's, and it caught my eye straight away. So when I was having difficulty trying to find an authentic Scottish bar, I headed back to Molly's on Hope Street, which isn't far from Buchanan St Bus Station. It was fairly busy, and they were doing grub, and I was hungry. On the back wall, they have a large photo of the Liffey, taken from O'Connell St Bridge, looking west. I felt at home!

The special was Chicken & Salsa, which I got, and a side of chips. Staff were very friendly and efficient, and the grub wasn't long coming, and it was lovely, just what was needed on a wet and cold Scottish day. I didn't stay too long, as I had sights to see, but would definitely return, when back in Glasgow. I reminded me of Irish bars in the States, but with more character. All they need now is a Dub behind the bar!!!

• Visited January 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Grub”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had lunch here on two occasions in the run up to Christmas. Both meals were very good. Food is freshly made to order and served piping hot. Will be eating here more often now when out shopping.

Staff are friendly and polite, great service too.

• Visited December 2013
Elmira, NY
“Came back for seconds on the beer”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Close by our hotel, Molly Malone's is located a half block off the pedestrian zone in Glasgow. The atmosphere is definitely pubbish and the beers were also good. Service was good and staff friendly. We came for the beers and came back again - but like many pubs in the center of Glasgow, the place gets crowded around 5:00 or 6:00.

• Visited October 2013